Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starter Issue

Need Help!! 

I swapped the starter out 2yrs ago, roughly put 100hrs on the boat, and now this year starter is smoked again. 

Started fine last week, had a couple times where it wouldn’t engage but turned back and she fired. 

Swapped out the Relay, then jumped the power right to the starter and nothing.... has anyone had issues with the 8.0L Indmar chewing up starters??? The marine mechanic where I am said he’s seen them go in a week.... sounds like BS. 

Seems like starters are crap compared to years ago.  I'll bet your last replacement was  re manufactured, not new?? Maybe better off to find a good shop &  have this one properly rebuilt and see if it lasts longer.