Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A24 rear cup holders gone. Ballast bags pushed em out. Any options?

The surf wave is awesome with the custom sacks, but take a look at the rear deck, and both cupholders ejected at some point and are presumably on the bottom of the lake. Anyone have any ideas? Any shallow cupholders out there to fill the spaces?

2 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Go underneath and add a zip tie to keep it from getting pushed out.

I did this with a few wraps of electrical tape and its been keeping them in. 

10 minutes ago, vanamp said:

I did this with a few wraps of electrical tape and its been keeping them in. 

Yeah, this works, until the heat of the sun melts the stuff.  But anything that keeps it in place is a good thing.

All of mine will blow out on the highway, interior and transom. If its really windy on the lake, they blow out... I have been looking for a deal on some aluminum or stainless to replace them with. Only other thing to do is buy some fishing weights and glue them to the bottom of the cup holder. I haven't done this yet, but will pretty soon if I can find replacements...

5 hours ago, MFknK said:

All of mine will blow out on the highway, interior and transom. If its really windy on the lake, they blow out... I have been looking for a deal on some aluminum or stainless to replace them with. Only other thing to do is buy some fishing weights and glue them to the bottom of the cup holder. I haven't done this yet, but will pretty soon if I can find replacements...

These are the ones that fit axis boats. I have two sizes in my boat. The majority are these...

Amarine-made 4pcs Stainless Steel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097MF4DU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

and the other smaller ones are these....

YH Poker Single Stainless Steel Drop-in Poker Table Cup Holders, Drink Holders, Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772RJF1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZlHmDbX20ZEQ7

I tried the weights on the bottom of the plastic ones and they kept coming off. And I used epoxy for plastic and metal......

On 7/19/2019 at 2:00 PM, onewake09 said:

These are the ones that fit axis boats. I have two sizes in my boat. The majority are these...

Amarine-made 4pcs Stainless Steel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097MF4DU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

and the other smaller ones are these....

YH Poker Single Stainless Steel Drop-in Poker Table Cup Holders, Drink Holders, Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0772RJF1S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZlHmDbX20ZEQ7

I tried the weights on the bottom of the plastic ones and they kept coming off. And I used epoxy for plastic and metal......

@onewake09 Do you mean you have two different sized holes in the boat? Or you just used the two different style cup holders? Which ones fit more snug?

1 hour ago, MFknK said:

@onewake09 Do you mean you have two different sized holes in the boat? Or you just used the two different style cup holders? Which ones fit more snug?

Axis boats used to have 2 sizes, the standard 3" and some smaller sized cup holders that would only fit a can. In 18, they started going with all the larger sized cup holders on the T22, the rest followed suit as far as I know as the models were being updated.

3 minutes ago, Raimie said:

Axis boats used to have 2 sizes, the standard 3" and some smaller sized cup holders that would only fit a can. In 18, they started going with all the larger sized cup holders on the T22, the rest followed suit as far as I know as the models were being updated.

Got it. Thanks.