Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Y tho?

UWSkier

9 hours ago, LucasA said:

@Raimie  I am pretty sure that my boat is in the 2019 TMC calendar. I didn't end up getting one, but I think it made the cut. 

Haha, you are correct! It was Feb!

I think that boat looks very cool - not my style as it probably gets too much attention for me, but I dig the look and applaud the builder for going with what he likes.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Chatty21VLX said:

I would certainly own that color scheme. I like it a lot! I showed it to my wife, and even she likes it! 

What'd she think of the trunk monkey... I mean... Bow DJ? 

Personally, I'd never buy a purple boat.  And I would never buy a boat that is green.  And without the photos, I couldn't imagine putting those two colors together.  But that boat looks pretty good in the still shots, and I imagine it looks even better in person.

Kudos to you.

P.S.  I prefer being my own DJ. ;)

Edited by RyanB
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, RyanB said:

Once you go black.....😉

My wife always says.”I did.”😂

And I love the colors.  Not for me but  LOVE THEM!!!.  Kudos to you fir growing x set and doing it👍🏻

Edited by Sparky450

My 97' Sunsetter had a lot of purple on it and I liked it.  It was hard to keep looking good though, polish and wax at least three times a year.  I was told that purple was one of the hardest colors to maintain, is that still true?  I ask because I would definitely buy again.  As for this boat the only thing I would change is the green on the interior, (just personal preference) other than that I really dig it.  We see sooooo many red and black boats around here that we would not buy one, it is a great color scheme but we like variety.

22 minutes ago, wakesonthesnake said:

My 97' Sunsetter had a lot of purple on it and I liked it.  It was hard to keep looking good though, polish and wax at least three times a year.  I was told that purple was one of the hardest colors to maintain, is that still true?  I ask because I would definitely buy again.  As for this boat the only thing I would change is the green on the interior, (just personal preference) other than that I really dig it.  We see sooooo many red and black boats around here that we would not buy one, it is a great color scheme but we like variety.

I feel a winter thread coming up.  "Who can build the most "out there" color scheme that still somehow works?"  Bright green and purple has been working for Arctic Cat since the 1980s (and Kawasaki for a while there) so no surprise this one works.

Let's some Azure Blue and hot pink.  1992 lives on!

8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Don johnson just called - he says if you use his colour scheme, shoes and no socks, OK?  If I was doing a new boat I'd eschew all the Gaudi (pun intended)  colours and do a mon hull and simple interior, with maybe some pinstriping.  Just imagine if we bought car s that looked like some of these boats!

21 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Don johnson just called - he says if you use his colour scheme, shoes and no socks, OK?  If I was doing a new boat I'd eschew all the Gaudi (pun intended)  colours and do a mon hull and simple interior, with maybe some pinstriping.  Just imagine if we bought car s that looked like some of these boats!

That is the fun of the boats.  They can be a bit outrageous as they are toys on the water!

• Like 4
On 7/21/2019 at 11:13 AM, UWSkier said:

I feel a winter thread coming up.  "Who can build the most "out there" color scheme that still somehow works?"  Bright green and purple has been working for Arctic Cat since the 1980s (and Kawasaki for a while there) so no surprise this one works.

Check Nick at Wakeboard Naples new 2019 A24 and you will have your wish , hot pink for sure , not sure if it’s grey but I think it’s a blue 

On 7/21/2019 at 8:48 AM, wakesonthesnake said:

Purple is an easy color.

On 7/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, dielawn said:

I think the boat looks SIIICK. I love the purple and green. AKA JOKER theme. And is that Steve Aoki shredding in that photo?

@LucasA

Thank you! It is.

:partytime:

Add me to the very short list who love the colors and the DJ on that boat. I mean not actually having a DJ in my boat, but a willingness to roll with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2019 at 8:47 PM, LucasA said:

What up! This is my boat.

First and foremost, I find this post AWESOME! You are all right that this boat is not for everyone.

The factory did email us to verify that the colors were correct after the hull was popped. It took me 14 months to design this build and I have images of every iteration along the way. I challenge any of you to design something more wild and pull the trigger on it.

A note for the people criticizing the driving: The driver holds a current captain's license, and we had 3 other wake boats nearby to make sure all went smooth. I'm surfing in that shot, which is a still from footage off a DJI Mavic. Yes he was actually playing music. We got bored after a few days without internet so we decided to have some fun. Just happened to work out that it would trigger a bunch of people on the internet.

And you know what? I think that having DJ's on the boat is pretty cool. I'm not sure about you all but I think their taste in music is better than my own.

Q1hATbb.jpg

Photo cred: Dylan Kennelly @dylan.kennelly

I have designed a few boats in my time, and this one is my favorite. I don't mind one bit if I own this thing for the next ten years.

I named her "The Indigo Child"

jXzH3uN.jpg

Photo Cred: Joe Thompson @jtcollect

If anyone is interested in talking more about the boat, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Or give me a follow on Instagram @lucas.st.aubin

Shout out to my homie @siteki !

I appreciate the free marketing!

LSA

Dude mad respect what a great post! I’m 36 and I’d rock that boat.  Follow on Instagram inbound, I too share an affinity for drones, boats, and shenanigans 🍻

On 7/18/2019 at 10:36 PM, LucasA said:

And then this thing...

54QkCfr.jpg

I like it. Malibu has way too many combinations for us to all have the same 3 colors on our boats. Can you post a pic of the interior?

Very unique color combination.  Would not pass the WIF test (wife factor test) in my household.   She is more conservative than that.  

You look like your having fun!  And that is what it is all about.  Party On!  :usa:

Edited by ORMailbuboater
  • Like 2