Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

So screwed ... There goes our Summer

Update:  Dropped the boat off at a dealership.  On the way home I started wondering if the cam is flat from the oil that got in the motor.

Interesting, can you elaborate on the issue simply being a software or sensor indicating the cam was in a different location than it should be thus simply firing at the wrong time, or was it a mechanical issue?  Thx, just curious.

8 hours ago, Imracin68j said:

Well, finally after two months, it's been solved.  Cam angle was off.  I have no idea how or why but it was.  It might have caused a condition that hurt the intake manifold, sending water into the motor.  I would have sworn it was a flat cam.  Took it out tonight and it ran like a champ.  It's on from here through November. I literally almost cried like Clark Grizwald when it worked.

Cam angle is just the timing adjustment in the newer motors.  Did you do anything that would have turned the distributor?