Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rockford speakers on 07 LSV

erikj

Hey guys, 

So starting to have some of my Rockford cabin speakers take a dump and wanted to get some opinions on replacing them. 

Since these are the original ones they are starting to just dry rot the cones and the two bow ones are pretty done.  The other 4 work alright then the two in the dash are unhooked atm since they are done as well.. 

Question, is anyone having any luck just finding some decent Rockford replacements for these or should I just bit the bullet and pay $250 a pair or whatever they are? Also, are these 6.5" or 6", looks like they made both and can't really tell with a measurement.  Maybe next step would be to pull one out and get the part number... 

Also, I blew one of my 6x9 JBLs yesterday on the tower and I'm super sick of looking at that style so wanted to do something just for surf speed/boat audio. I have two HLCD that are below these 6x9s that do a decent job of projecting out there.. 

btw, the HLCDs are just some Krypts I picked up for cheap.  And as much as I want to just replace everything with wet sounds or exciles it just ain't happening this year unfortunately... 

30 minutes ago, Jdubb16 said:

Mine were going two years ago and I replaced them all with Wetsounds that were $165/pair and the sound is so much better

$165 huh?  Where did you find those?