Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake surfing boat setup

Chris16

Guys, I’m new to the wake surfing game and am trying to get my boat dialed in. I have a 2015 23 LSV with the stock 4 ballasts, power wedge and surf gate. I have filled all ballasts and tried different positions with the wedge but don’t seem to be generating enough push from the wake. Usually, there are just three other people in the boat and we are at about 8500 feet above sea level. Any suggestions? 

ahopkins22LSV

At 8500 feet this might be tough, not because that bot isn’t figured out for a great setup for surfing, but because you need more weight. You need at minimum rear 550 pound plug n play bags. Maybe 750’s. But it will really be tough because of your elevation to get to 10.8mph ish. You are probably going to have to run an additional bow bag. The sumo 650 fits perfectly in the LSV bow. Even with the bow weight you might struggle to get to speed. What engine and prop do you have?

4 hours ago, Chris16 said:

Guys, I’m new to the wake surfing game and am trying to get my boat dialed in. I have a 2015 23 LSV with the stock 4 ballasts, power wedge and surf gate. I have filled all ballasts and tried different positions with the wedge but don’t seem to be generating enough push from the wake. Usually, there are just three other people in the boat and we are at about 8500 feet above sea level. Any suggestions? 

I have the LS3 450 HP motor and high altitude prop. Don’t feel like power is the issue. I do have pnp plumbing in the rear, so adding weight there should be fairly simple.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Chris16 said:

I have the LS3 450 HP motor and high altitude prop. Don’t feel like power is the issue. I do have pnp plumbing in the rear, so adding weight there should be fairly simple.

Yep they make bags that connect right to that plumbing. Check your local dealer for specifics or wakemakers.com

• 3 weeks later...

ahopkins, I just installed the pop bags. One question, it does not appear the 2015 is equipped with a venting system, can't confirm but I sure cannot find anything. So, how do I vent the bags, is it as simple as loosening the vent plugs on top of the bag?

ahopkins22LSV
On 8/3/2019 at 8:25 PM, Chris16 said:

ahopkins, I just installed the pop bags. One question, it does not appear the 2015 is equipped with a venting system, can't confirm but I sure cannot find anything. So, how do I vent the bags, is it as simple as loosening the vent plugs on top of the bag?

You can do it that way or there is an auto vent kit you could get from wakemakers.