Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Add this to this list of things I should have done Day 1...

rsutton1223

Just now, snowmanwithahat said:

Was this custom or do they have some pre-cut? I have a 2019 23LSV and wanted to do the same thing

They have it on their website. I have a '19 as well. Just add to cart and done!

6 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

^What are the colors and pattern.  That is EXACTLY what I need  :thumbup:   Sharksin scraped over black scraped?  Pattern?

Based off the pictures, that appears to be Silver Cloud (top) / Black (bottom) in a Cascade design.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, snowmanwithahat said:

How well does it match your factory floor color?

My brown (mocha or whatever they call it), and it matches perfectly.   

Another positive vote for GatorStep.  I am very pleased with it. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, snowmanwithahat said:

I have the Malibu "Sterling" soft grip. Really would like to get as close as possible to matching that

That is what I have.  The silver cloud in the cascade design you see in my photos matches great.  

1 hour ago, pauley71 said:

^What are the colors and pattern.  That is EXACTLY what I need  :thumbup:   Sharksin scraped over black scraped?  Pattern?

56 minutes ago, UpperleftWake said:

Based off the pictures, that appears to be Silver Cloud (top) / Black (bottom) in a Cascade design.

It is Silver Cloud / Black Cascade. I had Sharkskin on our last boat. It is darker.

44 minutes ago, snowmanwithahat said:

How well does it match your factory floor color?

You can't tell a difference when it is installed.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, rsutton1223 said:

It is Silver Cloud / Black Cascade. I had Sharkskin on our last boat. It is darker.

You can't tell a difference when it is installed.

And that's the scraped texture for the silver cloud top section?

Edited by snowmanwithahat
7 minutes ago, snowmanwithahat said:

And that's the scraped texture for the silver cloud top section?

Yes. The exact order was...

Malibu - 23LSV (2019)

·       Top Color:

Silver Cloud Scraped

·       Bottom Color:

Black Scraped

·       pattern:

Cascade

·       Parts$25.00:

Bow

·       Parts$112.00:

Front Deck

·       Parts$72.00:

Rear Deck

·       Swim Step Version:

I am not purchasing a Swim Step with this Order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@UpperleftWake let me know when someone templates the space between the Gx and windshield.  I really need that piece as part of the deck kit as that is stood on often to get to the racks on top of the bimini.  And yes, I probably should get the template kit but am short on time.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, hethj7 said:

@UpperleftWake let me know when someone templates the space between the Gx and windshield.  I really need that piece as part of the deck kit as that is stood on often to get to the racks on top of the bimini.  And yes, I probably should get the template kit but am short on time.  

Doing that right now (Not GX) through SeaDek. Why don't they put that on with the other parts?image.thumb.png.f36a2224a6513b818023e2c0bc4e8620.png

17 hours ago, hethj7 said:

For real!  I have a pattern in for that space but it's the 23 so no help to you.  But I thought the same thing...  With the board storage bimini now-a-days, that seems like the most important spot.

6 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Honestly, I was surprised it wasn’t already included.  

I don't order that storage bimini on my boats but the gunnel section between the tower and windshield isn't covered on the factroy option either.

@Ronnie -I was actually looking at that last time I was on the boat and my theory is they don’t want people trying to enter the boat there where they could have a bunch of warranty claims for people grabbing or falling on the windshield frame.  Kind of a hard spot to step through  with the angle of the tower arch.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Factory option on the Gunnels.

image.png

You did something else I forgot to order...front cleats. One of the reasons I didn't get the factory option was that I wasn't sure I would like the look of it on white. After I installed it...I actually like the look/contrast.

Edited by rsutton1223
21 minutes ago, Txstoj said:

@Ronnie -I was actually looking at that last time I was on the boat and my theory is they don’t want people trying to enter the boat there where they could have a bunch of warranty claims for people grabbing or falling on the windshield frame.  Kind of a hard spot to step through  with the angle of the tower arch.

How do they expect folks to use the top bimini racks?   

Somewhat related, the straps on the Great Lakes bimini are shorter than the CS I had before and it doesn’t fit around the ZUP boards, which is what I usually put up there.