Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speaker size question

Whitecap

Just bought a new to me 2013, 23’ LSV.  The previous owner had very little info on the boat, so I’m trying to figure out what equipment is on this boat.

my noobie question is this - what size are these speakers?  I have my boat in a covered slip, but the spiders are making a home out of the speakers.  I’m trying to buy speaker covers to keep the bugs out.

How is a boat speaker measured?  what size and type speakers are these?  Sorry for the dumb question here.

Thanks for the help guys,

Whitecap 

F97DFBFE-D239-4B0B-A67C-6B598E87F226.jpeg

674D9429-3DDF-496B-A797-08501C3AD6BD.jpeg

I think those are 6.5 inch Wet Sounds grills.  Not sure which model?  Kind of small for tower placement these days.

What is your objective?  In the boat listening, surfing music, or blasting a wake boarder at 70 feet?  That will determine your amp and speaker requirements.

@minnmarker

So the speakers, and sound itself are great.  I’m older, and my kids are 7 & 9 - we don’t need to be blasting a wakeboarder at 70 feet just yet.  (I’m sure when they are teen-agers we will).  For now, the speakers are great.

I was looking for the size of the speakers, so I could buy the correct size speaker COVER.  I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Whitecap

12 hours ago, Whitecap said:

what size are these speakers?

Its a 6.5" coaxial with a 1" titanium dome tweeter. 

17 minutes ago, Whitecap said:

I was looking for the size of the speakers, so I could buy the correct size speaker COVER.

Search for a speaker cover that fits a Pro-60 or Rev-8