Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Truck Hit by Lightning

mrnate450r

3 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Diminished value on a first party comp claim?  Not familiar with that possibility in my state, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Not applicable in my case. The insurance seems very determined to fix it.  They said once its fixed , it is fixed. I dont buy that for a second! 

Another step closer to a total loss. We are now into replacing wiring harnesses.  Dealer said it could be $20k before it's fixed. 

2 hours ago, mrnate450r said:

Another step closer to a total loss. We are now into replacing wiring harnesses.  Dealer said it could be $20k before it's fixed. 

I can't understand why your insurance company is messing around with this.  Hopefully, we don't have the same insurance.

Good luck with this entire ordeal.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Kojak said:

I can't understand why your insurance company is messing around with this.  Hopefully, we don't have the same insurance.

Good luck with this entire ordeal.

You can't understand why an insurance company is doing all it can to not total a $30,000 + truck?  

once they started repairs - the $$ for it to be totaled went up.  If initial estimate is 60% - or whatever their standard is - they'll total. If initial estimate is was less than that, it's highly unlikely they will total it even once repairs go well above that 60% number.

Had a car that was purchased brand new for $24k - initial estimate after accident was $9k - eventual total was almost $17k - they didn't total the car.    We were paid almost $5k diminished value though but only because the other drive was found at fault for the accident.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, lmm1967 said:

If initial estimate is was less than that, it's highly unlikely they will total it even once repairs go well above that 60% number.

In one of my cases, the vehicle was like 4 months old - worth 50K CAD.  Got T-boned.  Initial estimate was 24K but once they started repairs (darn unibody!) it hit 30K.  Called the priest and gave it last rites.  ;)  Thankfully we had one of those policies that gives you a new vehicle if it is totaled in the first 24 months.

• 2 weeks later...