Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Auto bilge won't shut off - 2019 25 lsv

Any suggestions?

After leaving my boat in the water for a few weeks, the auto bilge won't shut down even when all the water is out and all batteries are shut off. Since it is directly hooked up to the battery, I need to pull the fuse to shut off the auto bilge. Once I put the fuse back in the bilge starts running again. 

Since I don't want to  take my boat in for this while service is extremely busy, I am not sure what to do. My only thought for now is to leave the fuse out and put it in once in a while to flush out the water accumulating in the bilge. This is a lot of extra work, and not something I should have to do just after the money I shelled out to buy my boat. 

Remember the auto bilge does not shut down when I shut off the batteries. There is a seperate line connected to the batteries that goes directly to the bilge pump. 

My rear bilge wouldn’t turn off either (assuming that’s the one you’re talking about). My float was stuck in the up position. You can try twisting the little knob on the pump to see if that allows it to turn off. If that doesn’t work you can remove the pump from the housing by squeezing a tab. From there you’ll have your best chance to inspect what’s going on. I was able to access the pump from the under the small starboard seat after removing the white bin.

Also, I wouldn’t leave the fuse out during use unless you’ve got the bilge cover off so you can ensure water isn’t accumulating in the bilge. I had a hose pop off my pnp bag as we were getting ready to surf and it filled the bilge fast. The autobilge was my first sign that I had a problem. 

Edited by G Spot
  • Like 3

Check your bilge for any debris that may of wedged the float up. I had it happen to me earlier this year and a zip tie from the factory ended up lodging its self up in there.