Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M5 Disappointment

eubanks

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, eubanks said:

Well, I think this is going to be the last straw for us with the failed impeller issue. Got stranded for the 5th time today…this time with a big group excited for the July 4th weekend on the lake.  So 5 exact same Fairview’s in the first 148 hours of owning this boat.  I think 3 of the 5 have happened with less than 8 hours on the brand new impeller.  We are over it. Been a loyal Malibu owner for 16 years but time to us to look elsewhere unless this one is handled right and these impeller issues have been fixed. 😡 Sad holiday weekend for us and the kiddos. 

It is fixed. Contact your dealer, there is service bulletin out. They should replace your Sherwood pump with the Johnson pump. Ask for that if they say something different. 

10 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

It is fixed. Contact your dealer, there is service bulletin out. They should replace your Sherwood pump with the Johnson pump. Ask for that if they say something different. 

Just got our pump switched over this week to the Johnson on our 2021 M6 motor. Brought it in for our 50hr service and they had the pump ready to put on. The original impeller was on its last leg and was the culprit of the check engine alarm that happened when we put the boat on the trailer to take it for service. I had checked the impeller about 15hrs prior and it looked fine. Good timing I guess. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That would be crazy if there is indeed a fix and they haven’t told us about it after all the ongoing issues they’ve know about on this boat. We were escalated late last summer from our dealer to Malibu corporate and they were still insisting my impeller failures over the course of two seasons were due to a bad batches of impellers. I hope you’re right and all the overheating we’ve experienced hasn’t resulted in any long term damage to the engine. Thanks for the replies.