Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Repairing a Soulcraft board

Nitrousbird

I bought a 2nd Soulcraft board this year, used one this time.  My brilliant butt forgot to clip one of the storage pockets shut on my bag; pulling the bag out of the truck and this board hit the pavement on one corner.  It never saw water after that, as I know better than to use it until I repair it.

Recommend repair options?  I picked her up cheap - to the point I could have sold her for a solid profit before this happened.

20190701-183839-HDR.jpg
20190701-183831-HDR.jpg
20190701-183834-HDR.jpg

Wow, good job!

30 minute epoxy should work fine also.  If you want to take a little more time, you can cut away the broken glass, smooth the foam, and get some new glass to cover the bare spot.  It will still look like a repair, but it should look OK if you do it right.  Just keep filling with coats of epoxy and sanding until the dimples are all filled.

Yes, the epoxy may yellow a bit with age, but heck, so did I.

Check out Solarez UV Epoxy. Specifically for surf board repair. I've fixed dings on Hyperlite and Ronix boards with it and it worked well and lasted.

On 7/8/2019 at 11:40 PM, wakesonthesnake said:

I used this for a small ding that would have let water in.

https://www.solarez.com/product/epoxy/

It get real hard with the sun and you can sand it to shape.  It is clear though, you can see the damage even if you cannot feel it.

+1

We use that stuff to repair dings in our windsurf boards. It is crazy how fast it sets and becomes rock hard but you have to put it in the sun right after you put it on, otherwise it stays sticky for a while. 

• 4 weeks later...

Little late to reply here but Jeff form soulcraft sent me a repair kit from a company called big swell. I used it up on a couple repairs to different t boards and I’ve been unable to find another kit. I ended up getting the one Shawndoggy posted and it seems to be similar. If you take your time, you can make it perfect. If I did t point exactly where the repair is on mine, you’d never know it was dinged. I used a router to hone out the damage, used the q cell filler to fill the hole, laid the glass over the damage and sanded and sanded and sanded until it was perfect. 

Here’s the kit I got from soulcraft. If you find it in stock, let me know as I’d like to order another one proactively. https://www.google.com/search?q=big+swell+repair+kit&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=ZqiBhnkrc-zs6M: