Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hull Questions: 07-08 23LSV and 08-09 VLX

Juice75

I'm doing research for my next boat, and need some help with the hulls.

Is the hull the same one the 07 and 08 23 LSV Wakesetter?  They are both the V25, but the beam is 2" wider on the 08.  I assumed everything below the water line was the same, but I've read posts saying the wake is wider on the 08.  Same question for the 08-09 VLX.  

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Juice75 said:

I'm doing research for my next boat, and need some help with the hulls.

Is the hull the same one the 07 and 08 23 LSV Wakesetter?  They are both the V25, but the beam is 2" wider on the 08.  I assumed everything below the water line was the same, but I've read posts saying the wake is wider on the 08.  Same question for the 08-09 VLX.  

Thanks!

The 23 LSV hull was updated in 2008 and they changed the shape, as well as the top deck design. It stayed the same from then through 2013.

Not sure about the VLX.

2 minutes ago, NWBU said:

The 23 LSV hull was updated in 2008 and they changed the shape, as well as the top deck design. It stayed the same from then through 2013.

Not sure about the VLX.

Ok, what confused me was that they were both still the V25.  Any idea if there is a big ride difference between the two?  I was on an 08 LSV over the 4th, and it rode like a dream.

I don’t know how the ride compares but my sense is the wake and wave improved with the 2008 refresh. Pre-08 LSV’s handle well too.

I really liked my ‘08 and had it for almost 4 years. You’ll pretty much see the same boat through 2012, with just tower and dash changes. Then surfgate was added in 2013.

Hull for the VLX was the same from 1996 - 2004, then changed for 2005 - 2008 and updated again for 2009 - 2014.  After that they discontinued the 21VLX and replaced with the 22VLX for '15 - '18.  They brought the 21VLX back as a "budget" priced boat from '17 - today.  22VLX was replaced with the 22LSV for '19.

'10 got the G3 tower and better engine options.  That plus not a lot of '09's out there due to the market crash means I would avoid that year as the price difference won't be much.