Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 23 LSV Engine Boggs Down

I’m hoping someone might have some advice for an issue I’ve recently encountered only 2 or 3 times.  I have a 2015 23 LSV with the 409 Monsoon engine.  Recently I’ve encountered a situation where the engine would bog down/stutter if I tried to go above around 2500 rpms while we were pulling our kids on tubes.  When I brought it back to idle it runs fine without any noticeable issues or rough running.  So I turned it off for a minute, started it back up and it ran fine.  The engine temp is normal and no other signs or indication of any systems being out of their normal operating range.  My only thought might be that possibly a little speck of trash in the fuel line partially got caught in the line and restricted the fuel flow?  Trying to avoid taking it out of the water and to the dealer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I say fuel filter almost 100%.  It is inline off the tank should be easily accessible wix 33299 is probably the part number.  May be other options but make sure the micron filtration rating matches the wix number.  Possibly a fuel pump but start with the $18 part.

Took it to the dealer and apparently it was the electronic throttle assembly, and it needed to be replaced.