Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shasta info

isellacuras

Anyone know which marinas have a bar and restaurant on the water?  We are spending 5 days there next week. We are staying at Tsasdi cabins at the north end of the Sacramento. Closest marina is sugarloaf. We plan to explore the lake so would like to hit up the marinas for lunch and dinner some days so we don’t have to cook or pack lunches every day.  It looks like Silverthorn has a pizza place and I thought I recalled seeing another that had a cafe type restaurant but now I can’t find it.   There’s not much info on any of the other marinas websites.  Any insight is appreciated. 

There is a restaurant at Holiday Harbor that serves burgers/fries/shakes/etc...it's not amazing, but not terrible either. There used to be one at Bridge Bay...but last time we ate there was 15 years ago so it may be gone. There aren't a ton of options for food on the water. Holiday Harbor and Silverthorn are both a drive from Tsasdi so plan on burning some fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

What are the water levels like?  We'll be heading to Shasta in 1 1/2 weeks.  It's been 15 years since we were last there.  We went about 12 years in a row prior to that.

Looking forward to it and hanging out on a houseboat with good friends.

Shasta lake level is very high.  We were there June 15-22.  Lake was completely full.   Lake is now only down 12 feet from full.  Should be real nice!   Houseboated on the McCloud river arm of the lake.  Does not look like it is dropping much at this time either.    Here was a picture from last month to tease you with.  

Shasta Lake Ca 2019 -1.jpg

We were there the week before July 4. Lake was completely full. Stayed at Hirz Bay campground. The Pit river arm was really beautiful, and hardly anyone there. Water temp was 10 degrees lower up the Pit and McCloud arms. 

Pretty sure bridge bay still has a restaurant. I think @Stevo stayed in the hotel there a couple years ago. It’s been mentioned but Holiday and Silverthorn are long drives from where you’re staying. Spent all last week there and the lake is awesome right now.

A4A56678-7C77-4731-9928-DD2FEB35AC24.thumb.jpeg.418e713a65e3417ca030adb99f2c7a71.jpeg

Looks great. Looking forward to getting back down there. The last few houseboat trips were to Oroville and Trinity. We also had a crazy trip on the Delta.

We’ll be going out of Shasta Marina at Packers Bay.

• 3 weeks later...

We got back 3 days ago and had a great time.  We sure enjoyed the warm water and were able to find some good water for skiing in the morning.  We mostly did surfing in the late afternoons and evenings, with some boarding thrown in at various times.  The houseboat we had was totally awesome.  The comforts and features have come a long way since our last time on one.

Can't make the trip without a few adventures.  We blew one of the tires on the trailer going down just outside of Redding.  It was sure a lot of fun putting on the spare in 112F heat.  Went right to Les Schwab and got a new spare, which was a good thing, because we blew another trailer tire on the way back near Wolf Creek.  We stopped at the Roseburg Costco and got another new spare, but fortunately it is still mounted on the trailer.  It was also totally awesome that the a/c on the old Tahoe (2001) went out in Redding, making the trip back a bit toasty.  We sure enjoyed a stop for dinner at a nicely air conditioned Panera with lots of cold iced tea to drink!  I also blew out my wakeboard bindings on the 5th day.  I really liked those boots, but they were 11 year old Slingshot D2's, so I got lots of use out of them.  Just went to AWS and got some new Slingshot KTV bindings to replace them.  I think I'm going to like them.

• Like 2