Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel level sender

rm32644

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement fuel sender like this original equipment one?  Apparently it is a "reed" device, with a sliding, buoyant donut with a magnet in the donut. It says at the top UFW-7.0 WEMA-SYSTEM W 05 200. Does anyone know what resistance it reads at full and empty positions of the magnetic donut? Can you replace just the donut?  Because when I full stroke it manually, it works perfectly giving a full or empty level on the boat dash fuel gauge, but in the fuel tank, or in a test clear tennis ball container of gas, it only goes halfway up.  The donut lacks buoyancy, which seems to be the only problem.  This is for a 2003 Malibu Wakesetter 21 VLX.  HIN: MB2K9910I203.

I had to replace mine last year.   2005 Iride.   It was super easy.    I just called bakes and they sent me what I needed.    It looks like the link above will work for you as well.   FYI don’t leave the fuel sender out for a length of time as you may get condensation in the tank.   

I want to know what the BEST and MOST ACCURATE sender are?  What came in my boat isn't.  I've learned to figure out what the level reading actually mean but its not the least bit accurate in terms of what it says in in the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed a new KUS USA SSS Fuel & Water Level Sensor, 7", last night.  Works perfectly.  I tested it before I installed it, using small alligator clamp jumper cables, to make sure the dash meter went up and down as the donut was manually stroked.  Be careful if you solder the wires near the gas tank.  I shielded my soldering area with the upside down floor plate, and did it before I installed the sender in the tank, to keep the solder gun totally away from the tank.  Crimping the wires would work fine, I just prefer a soldered joint then subsequently protected with shrink tube.    There is like a 10 second delay in the meter response, which is fine,  you don't want the meter responding to every wave you go over.  Thanks for getting me on the right track with your posts.  As always, the Malibucrew.com forum has been a great help !

Photo?

Do you have a feel for the accuracy of the new sender?     I replaced mine a few years ago for the level type as shown in the resources section that was supposed to be more accurate, but it is not.   

Edited by Bozboat