Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Raptor for fun!

jrvs23

Got to drive a Raptor yesterday in a parade. It was a lot of fun! Got to drive a little before and after too, not hooked up to the float. Owner said it was highly tuned and had it turned down quite a bit for us, but man did that thing haul. Said normally when turned up 20% pedal is 85-90% open throttle. Had my son in the back before and he was getting thrown back in the seat with a big smile! When turning the thing felt like it was almost in 4x4 the tire had so much meat to them. In the parade when we would come to a stop I would slip it in neutral and rev it up and the croud would go wild! Fun day for sure, but I don't think I could own one. I would get it too much trouble and burn way too much fuel.

20190704_132006.jpg

20190704_084533.jpg

20190704_095803.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jrvs23 said:

Said normally when turned up 20% pedal is 85-90% open throttle. Had my son in the back before and he was getting thrown back in the seat with a big smile! When turning the thing felt like it was almost in 4x4 the tire had so much meat to them. In the parade when we would come to a stop I would slip it in neutral and rev it up and the croud would go wild! Fun day for sure, but I don't think I could own one. I would get it too much trouble and burn way too much fuel.

He is either re-flashing the pedal mapping or is running one of those lame pedal commanders.  Zero extra power and makes it harder to modulate the throttle.

My brother-in-law has owned two of the 1st Gen's like that.  Nice trucks, hold their value well.  He ended up going to two different F250's.  I drove his 2nd Raptor; nice amount of power.  My '18 Sierra with the 6.2L L86 felt quicker (and likely is, as it makes more power and a good 600lbs lighter) but the Raptors are a more fun truck for certain.  

• 9 months later...

yeah they are fun but horrible for towing. mine goes into safe mode if i tow for too long pushing it. and i get 6-8 mpg while towing 25 lsv. i dont recommend getting one if you tow

8 minutes ago, camcruiser13 said:

yeah they are fun but horrible for towing. mine goes into safe mode if i tow for too long pushing it. and i get 6-8 mpg while towing 25 lsv. i dont recommend getting one if you tow

Have you CAT scaled the boat and trailer?   I am curious how heavy you are on the tongue weight and gross trailer weight heading down the road.