Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Floating wedge

Jtyson

I have a 98 malibu wakesetter.we have been getting a great surfing wave for the last year . The floating wedge broke and I had it repaired. We completely lost our surfing wave after the fix. I wondering if the wedge has a specific angle it has to be on to work properly. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Maybe we just had our weight set up wrong tonight.

Edited by Jtyson

Are you sure you have a floating wedge?  Unless added aftermarket, those were not available until 2007.  Now I did swap mine from a manual wedge (which are prone to breaking) to a floating wedge.

Either way, unless you mangled the bracket badly, causing angles to be way off, there wouldn't really be any way to change the angle.  I can't imagine a bracket issue as I would doubt the wedge would even go up or down.  Unless the repair the really sloppy on the wedge itself, causing the foil to be at a weird angle.  Most likely a weight issue.

Thank you for the help. You were right. I did have the wedge added later. It's the kind where you pull the pin to raise and lower then reinsert pin. It was the weight. I have realized the same setup doesn't work every day. You have to adjust the weight around until you get the right wave. I also realized that by moving the manual (suction cup kind) surf gate up or down just an inch or two makes a difference. 

Edited by Jtyson