Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, 6Door said:

I ordered it in November but it's birthdate was supposed to be February 24th.  Would it be that far along in just a week?

Yes absolutely. Ours sprayed last Wednesday and was just behind yours if that was it. Sure looked similar and it looked great! I think it will be shipping soon!

1 minute ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yes absolutely. Ours sprayed last Wednesday and was just behind yours if that was it. Sure looked similar and it looked great! I think it will be shipping soon!

Sweet!  Wish you would've got some pics for me. :biggrin:

On 3/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

We went to the factory today. Great tour, wife loved seeing the process and it was so cool seeing our boat in process!

218841DB-BB6D-4FC8-8BD4-BBDC3E30A785.thumb.jpeg.d52a533d87c198dd71ac8f6f5a5b0462.jpeg

F44402FC-3049-4C97-B828-034609FC1FCB.thumb.jpeg.414f73c4b0c4ae037c13e703ea89b310.jpeg

F58B9507-5899-450F-AE53-966C4AF3F09E.thumb.jpeg.0bce2de137d318287ab6ba049fd00b71.jpeg

Have you sold your 19 yet?

21 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Took boat back to dealer today for warranty. I think they need to replace amps as the speakers are having static issues on all settings but got the wife to snap a better picture of the Tuscan gold with sun hitting it.

0F1EC293-A020-4580-92F2-6C28989770C3.jpeg

Man!!  That thing is beautiful  My local dealer has one very similar that's got my eye.......

No new boat for me this season however.  (I say this tongue in cheek because our second boat show of the season is next week..........)

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Man!!  That thing is beautiful  My local dealer has one very similar that's got my eye.......

No new boat for me this season however.  (I say this tongue in cheek because our second boat show of the season is next week..........)

Thanks!

Hoping to have the stereo issue fixed soon so we can take it on the water. Still have not launched her yet. But I have my phantom 4 ready to go tons of footage will be filmed of wave etc. 

22 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Took boat back to dealer today for warranty. I think they need to replace amps as the speakers are having static issues on all settings but got the wife to snap a better picture of the Tuscan gold with sun hitting it.

0F1EC293-A020-4580-92F2-6C28989770C3.jpeg

I also had factory stereo issue on my 2019, had a bad amp that kept cutting out.  Quickly resolved but certainly annoying!

3 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Man, that turned out nice!

Honestly J, when they pulled back the cover I surprised even myself. I wasn’t sure about doing a no-flake boat, but she’s a stunner in person. 

I haven’t done a no-flake boat since 2012!!

0DE4D6C9-BB34-4D85-8C08-810921171732.jpeg

• Like 3
On 3/6/2020 at 9:45 PM, IXFE said:

Visited the factory today and took delivery of my 2020 25 LSV. Such a great day.  Honestly, I met and talked to so many awesome people today. 

@IXFELooks awesome. Do you have many scratches from the build in your dark color interior gel coach? You have a non-white interior like I do. I know on a white interior you would not notice many scratches, but with a colored gel they show. I was amazed at how many scratches, gouges, poor cuts and craftsmanship there were from my boat direct from the factory. I can understand a few, but my boat has somewhere between 75-150 scratches, cuts, deep gel coach gouges. 

My trailer is also rusted upon delivery. 

I guess that is the way to expect these boats these days? Malibu reached out to me saying they will fix everything, but I know some of them can't be fixed. 

Still love my Bu. Nothing yet deterring me to look elsewhere, just curious if that is what the new normal is on a $190K boat. 

Edited by timmypop
On 3/7/2020 at 6:15 PM, IXFE said:

Last week I sent an email asking for build pics. Today I got these. Haha... not exactly build pics but better late than never!

24ACE573-474D-4F90-9A71-CFC713D6F5D7.thumb.jpeg.10a8c80636ae5925988b879df768b7b1.jpeg

5E620B98-B718-46F9-B493-452663823810.thumb.jpeg.7e22fc1ba4a0f5e355b6f00716ee305c.jpeg

Boat looks great, I kind of wish I would have went no-flake now.

@timmypop mine has a black interior similar to above.  Mine had all manner of workmanship issues on the interior gel.  So much so that when I had to take it in for the recall last year, I told them not to call me until they were all fixed.  A brand new boat, that costs this much aught to look perfect from day one (in my opinion).  They use a local body shop person to buff out most of the problems and it looked great.  Its astounding that they can finish a build on a boat, and feel good about sending out with those sorts of cosmetic issues.  For what its worth, two friends have Nautiques, and Centurions.  Nautique was flawless, Centurion had a few defects. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Mine had all manner of workmanship issues on the interior gel.  So much so that when I had to take it in for the recall last year, I told them not to call me until they were all fixed.  A brand new boat, that costs this much aught to look perfect from day one (in my opinion).  They use a local body shop person to buff out most of the problems and it looked great.  Its astounding that they can finish a build on a boat, and feel good about sending out with those sorts of cosmetic issues.  For what its worth, two friends have Nautiques, and Centurions.  Nautique was flawless, Centurion had a few defects. 

My 2019 23 LSV is currently back at the factory right now for gel coat issues far greater than scratches.  The only color effected is the black.  The job was quoted at $12k by the local gel guy.  Basically, over spray from the silver that was too big of a job that needed to go back to the factory for.  I was shocked it left in this condition as well...  I am waiting to see how it turns out as to how I react.  My dealer is great and have confidence they will make it right.  They know I can't get a 25 until I put hrs on the 23!  #fingerscrossed

49 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

@timmypop mine has a black interior similar to above.  Mine had all manner of workmanship issues on the interior gel.  So much so that when I had to take it in for the recall last year, I told them not to call me until they were all fixed.  A brand new boat, that costs this much aught to look perfect from day one (in my opinion).  They use a local body shop person to buff out most of the problems and it looked great.  Its astounding that they can finish a build on a boat, and feel good about sending out with those sorts of cosmetic issues.  For what its worth, two friends have Nautiques, and Centurions.  Nautique was flawless, Centurion had a few defects. 

I won't be doing a black interior again. I have already posted about my exterior gel issues so I will leave it be.  I was more concerned about the potential safety issues that I had to fix before my first service. I.e. unsecured + battery cable at the distro block, hoses sitting nearly on pulleys and unsecured mechanical items flopping around, the heater pump. The service manager says "that's why you bring it in for the 10 hour service". Not if I get run over by a tug boat first because there was no power to start it! And for the first service I found out after the fact when looking at the service paperwork that they put the wrong viscosity oil in it!  Clown. My crew has a 2020 SL 400 and Ashley Kidds personal 2019 FI 25 as new boats in the group this year. I guess I will see how they stack up in comparison.

4 hours ago, timmypop said:

@IXFELooks awesome. Do you have many scratches from the build in your dark color interior gel coach? You have a non-white interior like I do. I know on a white interior you would not notice many scratches, but with a colored gel they show. I was amazed at how many scratches, gouges, poor cuts and craftsmanship there were from my boat direct from the factory. I can understand a few, but my boat has somewhere between 75-150 scratches, cuts, deep gel coach gouges. 

My trailer is also rusted upon delivery. 

I guess that is the way to expect these boats these days? Malibu reached out to me saying they will fix everything, but I know some of them can't be fixed. 

Still love my Bu. Nothing yet deterring me to look elsewhere, just curious if that is what the new normal is on a $190K boat. 

I spent an hour with it on Sunday taking the cover off and looking it over. I even crawled all the way under the trailer to cut the straps off. I didn’t see any rust. Interior looks so far so good. I left the next day for spring break trip so I’ll dig into more when I get back. I did see a few spots where they left some wax on the black gel. But no major flaws jumped out to me. Initially, I’m very impressed. 

I know what you’re talking about though. My 2018 was ROUGH when I took delivery, and that was after dealer prep. Lots of scuffs all over the interior black gel. I almost didn’t take it home that day; made them bust out the polisher before I’d sign. My 2019 was better gel wise, but had a big dent in the steering wheel  I’ll never know if that was factory, transport, or dealer caused.  Regardless it was presented to me this way and caused me a trip back to the dealer  so I get it  

All that said, I really believe it’s getting better. I spent a bunch of time touring the factory last week and they’ve made ALOT of changes from when I was there in 2016... mostly aimed at better quality. Trust me, they hear us!  I’d encourage you to go take a tour and ask all your questions.  Context is everything. BTW... the engine facility is amazing. Go see it. Nothing else like it in the industry  

Finally, the notion that other brands are perfect is amusing. Every year we do this same song and dance... frankly, it’s a little exhausting. 

B631D203-050A-4090-9A09-858883346437.jpeg

2B6E0029-FDD7-4A59-84B7-C2F07C30A676.jpeg

On 3/7/2020 at 5:49 AM, IXFE said:

Honestly J, when they pulled back the cover I surprised even myself. I wasn’t sure about doing a no-flake boat, but she’s a stunner in person. 

I haven’t done a no-flake boat since 2012!!

It's official! Flake is so 20-teens.     :biggrin:

28 minutes ago, John I. said:

It's official! Flake is so 20-teens.     :biggrin:

There was a time when we used to sit on our Malibu laughing at the bass boat guys in their fancy "glitterboats."  Then all of a sudden flake came back into watersports boats and spoiled all the fun.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

There was a time when we used to sit on our Malibu laughing at the bass boat guys in their fancy "glitterboats."  Then all of a sudden flake came back into watersports boats and spoiled all the fun.

Like bell bottom jeans.  Bad stuff always resurfaces.