Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

B631D203-050A-4090-9A09-858883346437.jpeg

2B6E0029-FDD7-4A59-84B7-C2F07C30A676.jpeg

As much as I love blue. Every time I look at that red and black I love it even more. And my 19 did not have any of the problems you guys are talking about. Maybe my dealer took care of them before delivery. But I was really surprised at how I didn’t have issues. However, if you use a boat it is going to see a few scratches through the season. 

2 hours ago, AxleGrease99 said:

Im in Scottsdale for a conference and dealer sent pic of my boat today after they took delivery. The way things are going I’m gonna have to walk back to Wisconsin to see it. :Frustrated:

0D961875-FCA5-4D9D-8D99-C120B45EC5C9.jpeg

Nice! I think your trailer is an exact twin of mine... right down to the azure bezel lights.  I know it is just a trailer but I was shocked at how nice it looked when it showed up. 

13 hours ago, gregtay said:

Nice! I think your trailer is an exact twin of mine... right down to the azure bezel lights.  I know it is just a trailer but I was shocked at how nice it looked when it showed up. 

I’ll have to report back. Probably going to be 2 weeks before I see it in person. Not sure I’m going to make it.....

1 hour ago, AxleGrease99 said:

I’ll have to report back. Probably going to be 2 weeks before I see it in person. Not sure I’m going to make it.....

Just stay there!  I am from Scottsdale and have a place down there but I leave in Seattle (2 miles from the epicenter of the outbreak in Kirkland)... life here sucks right now (and it is 35 degrees and raining.. so can't even go boating)... we are headed to AZ in 2 weeks but with everything going on really don't know if we will be able to go down.  School is cancelled for 6 weeks so at this point we should just pack up and go down there now!

Good luck getting home.

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Just stay there!  I am from Scottsdale and have a place down there but I leave in Seattle (2 miles from the epicenter of the outbreak in Kirkland)... life here sucks right now (and it is 35 degrees and raining.. so can't even go boating)... we are headed to AZ in 2 weeks but with everything going on really don't know if we will be able to go down.  School is cancelled for 6 weeks so at this point we should just pack up and go down there now!

Good luck getting home.

Thanks! We’re about to tee off at TPC. I guess I’ll be ok for a couple more days. 

• Like 2
On 3/13/2020 at 4:28 PM, AxleGrease99 said:

Im in Scottsdale for a conference and dealer sent pic of my boat today after they took delivery. The way things are going I’m gonna have to walk back to Wisconsin to see it. :Frustrated:

0D961875-FCA5-4D9D-8D99-C120B45EC5C9.jpeg

Should be plenty of snowbirds making the drive back soon. Maybe you can hitch! 

If not, I'll be out on the lake Tues morning probably if you don't mind hanging with some swervy skiers. Always willing to help a fellow displaced cheesehead. 

16 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Should be plenty of snowbirds making the drive back soon. Maybe you can hitch! 

If not, I'll be out on the lake Tues morning probably if you don't mind hanging with some swervy skiers. Always willing to help a fellow displaced cheesehead. 

Made it to MSP. 2 hour layover then a quick flight home. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

It is spray day for us.  We were supposed to go down to the factory this weekend and see it being built but Covid-19 put a halt to those plans :rant:.  Guess it will make the reveal at the dealer that much better.  

1 minute ago, JeffK said:

There's always the picture and coffee table book route

yeah - but it is rather expensive, and I have always wanted to do a tour of the factory.  We thought what better time than when we are building a boat.  Didn't see this all coming when we signed the paperwork and got our spray date...lol.

agreed....looking forward to the end of this.  Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest.  We asked for pics of the build process so hopefully they will send us some.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, gahvey said:

yeah - but it is rather expensive, and I have always wanted to do a tour of the factory.  We thought what better time than when we are building a boat.  Didn't see this all coming when we signed the paperwork and got our spray date...lol.

Did you see @hethj7’s post about what the book actually is? It is very in-depth. Also, ask your dealer if they can just get you pictures. I’m sure they can be more accommodating with all of the tours being canceled. 

14 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Did you see @hethj7’s post about what the book actually is? It is very in-depth. Also, ask your dealer if they can just get you pictures. I’m sure they can be more accommodating with all of the tours being canceled. 

yep - I asked Malibu for pictures when I called to cancel.  They were going to try, so we will see.  

• Like 1
On 3/11/2020 at 6:46 PM, IXFE said:

I spent an hour with it on Sunday taking the cover off and looking it over. I even crawled all the way under the trailer to cut the straps off. I didn’t see any rust. Interior looks so far so good. I left the next day for spring break trip so I’ll dig into more when I get back. I did see a few spots where they left some wax on the black gel. But no major flaws jumped out to me. Initially, I’m very impressed. 

I know what you’re talking about though. My 2018 was ROUGH when I took delivery, and that was after dealer prep. Lots of scuffs all over the interior black gel. I almost didn’t take it home that day; made them bust out the polisher before I’d sign. My 2019 was better gel wise, but had a big dent in the steering wheel  I’ll never know if that was factory, transport, or dealer caused.  Regardless it was presented to me this way and caused me a trip back to the dealer  so I get it  

All that said, I really believe it’s getting better. I spent a bunch of time touring the factory last week and they’ve made ALOT of changes from when I was there in 2016... mostly aimed at better quality. Trust me, they hear us!  I’d encourage you to go take a tour and ask all your questions.  Context is everything. BTW... the engine facility is amazing. Go see it. Nothing else like it in the industry  

Finally, the notion that other brands are perfect is amusing. Every year we do this same song and dance... frankly, it’s a little exhausting. 

B631D203-050A-4090-9A09-858883346437.jpeg

2B6E0029-FDD7-4A59-84B7-C2F07C30A676.jpeg

Well done on this.  I loved your '17, but this!!!!  This is by far my favorite @IXFE boat yet!!  Black badges are $$.

1 hour ago, gahvey said:

It is spray day for us.  We were supposed to go down to the factory this weekend and see it being built but Covid-19 put a halt to those plans :rant:.  Guess it will make the reveal at the dealer that much better.  

Awesome!!  Congrats on the new boat and spray date.  I must have missed it........what did you order?

51 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Awesome!!  Congrats on the new boat and spray date.  I must have missed it........what did you order?

Thanks - 22 LSV - boat build is on page 9 of this thread.  The green isn't the one that the boat builder had on it though, it is a little darker of a green that is new this year.

19 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Just curious, any delays from the factory with all that is going on?  Are they still working or have they shut down?

They said they are still going, but have stopped guests/tours unless it was pre-scheduled.

1 hour ago, gahvey said:

Thanks - 22 LSV - boat build is on page 9 of this thread.  The green isn't the one that the boat builder had on it though, it is a little darker of a green that is new this year.

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  I'm interested to hear what you think of it vs your 22VLX.

On 3/12/2020 at 12:58 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Ours was delivered to Tommy’s today. They had it inside and is still a bit dirty from transport but it looks oh so good! Better than we imagined. I very closely inspected the gel lines and vinyl at the factory and what I could see, it was near perfect and I couldn’t see anything else today either. Very impressed so far. Especially with the interior. With the new designs even the slightest skew is noticeable and I feel it’s done very well. We are very happy so far, can’t wait to bring it home and get it on the water!

9436ABEF-1818-442F-833D-ED1B106C5D5C.thumb.jpeg.5ac41458c45e7bb93a45d0882c842410.jpeg

1DD3C689-A225-4875-9E15-023FC0A9E01F.thumb.jpeg.2fec8b9a9c750fe197832ae20bd8506f.jpeg

D5C6DCE2-1E6D-4932-9950-99BEC00A7645.thumb.jpeg.d32d4ace1f7a9d5a867587ccc04d488d.jpeg

3065F701-B9D2-4971-8C39-A5816C2AA79A.thumb.jpeg.00d95aafb5a7e348da3e96379320bdcd.jpeg

53BAEB46-E6B0-49D0-A61E-A5BC4FB066E5.thumb.jpeg.95657a2f2b1379f419310de1111f8915.jpeg

No fold up seats on the transom sucks.... That was so handy. 

ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, AussieSkier said:

No fold up seats on the transom sucks.... That was so handy. 

I am disappointed about that. I stored my dock lines back there and it made working on the engine easy. I am also disappointed the factory top deck kit doesn’t have pieces between the tower and windshield. 

We’ll see how much I miss the transom seats, not really worried about finding a place for my dock lines, more curious on how it is to get to the engine to winterize, change oil, etc. I’m pretty confident I’m going to want top deck pieces between the tower and windshield. 

• Like 1