Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

4 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

I’m confused? I’m looking for:

Height on Trailer G3.5 Tower Folded Down, PTM Racks, Tower Hoop ON, 18in wheels    =  ?

OK, I didn't see your PTM racks.

Height on Trailer, G3.5 Tower Folded Down, PTM Racks,18in wheels = 110.5"

I expect this is with the hoop ON.

4 minutes ago, 2020LSV23 said:

I’m confused? I’m looking for:

Height on Trailer G3.5 Tower Folded Down, PTM Racks, Tower Hoop ON, 18in wheels    =  ?

You’ll be fine with a 10’ door. The PTMs will stick up above your tower hoop anyway, so just fold those inward if you need more clearance.

I’m backing down a sloped approach for my shop door and I’ve got 3-4” clearance with the PTMs folded to the rear, and a good foot of clearance if I fold them inside the boat.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, NWBU said:

You’ll be fine with a 10’ door. The PTMs will stick up above your tower hoop anyway, so just fold those inward if you need more clearance.

I’m backing down a sloped approach for my shop door and I’ve got 3-4” clearance with the PTMs folded to the rear, and a good foot of clearance if I fold them inside the boat.

Thanks for the input. You have a 10 foot door?

2 hours ago, NWBU said:

Unfortunately, yes.

Ok so we will fold the racks in and put dower down and it will clear 10 feet without having to remove the hoop. Very happy to hear this :)

ahopkins22LSV
14 minutes ago, timmypop said:

Anyone at the factory this week? I've got a 25 on the line. 

Factory has really cracked down on people taking their own pictures. I’ve had luck with requesting my dealer to get pictures, have you asked them?

49 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Factory has really cracked down on people taking their own pictures. I’ve had luck with requesting my dealer to get pictures, have you asked them?

No, dealer would probably not want to ask or extend but Kasey at the factory was going to get some pics for me. He's awesome. 

2 hours ago, timmypop said:

No, dealer would probably not want to ask or extend but Kasey at the factory was going to get some pics for me. He's awesome. 

He did a great job for our tour and was busy taking pictures for a couple other people while we were there.

23 hours ago, djheywood said:

23 MXZ :-)

My only complaint is the  Malibu logo on the side of the boat doesn't match the Graphite gel coat color like it did in the online configurator.  Oh well, close enough.  

IMG_2172.jpg

The graphic is not the same? That's rough. I have a light graphite going on right now with the thought it is the same color. That's a bummer. 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:25 AM, djheywood said:

23 MXZ :-)

My only complaint is the  Malibu logo on the side of the boat doesn't match the Graphite gel coat color like it did in the online configurator.  Oh well, close enough.  

Kudos to Kris and his staff at VS Marine.  Super easy to work with, consignment sold my old boat, no headaches!

Can't wait to get out on the water.

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

***POST EDITED TO REMOVE PROFANITY - PLEASE REVIEW TOU***

VS Marine , Kris, Sean, Greg, and Ric are Great to work with. They know the product and just get it done! 😎 

Ya its a little more 'titanium' looking and not as much muted blue/grey that the graphite gel coat has.  It may not be as noticeable on your boat since the graphite gel coat is up above the rub rail and underneath.  Mine is right next to it so it is a little easier to see the difference.  I'm wondering if I can find a paint to match that would hold up to the water and the elements?  Or I look into getting these replaced with the black ones and just go with the muted look... I'll probably just live with it the first season and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, djheywood said:

Ya its a little more 'titanium' looking and not as much muted blue/grey that the graphite gel coat has.  It may not be as noticeable on your boat since the graphite gel coat is up above the rub rail and underneath.  Mine is right next to it so it is a little easier to see the difference.  I'm wondering if I can find a paint to match that would hold up to the water and the elements?  Or I look into getting these replaced with the black ones and just go with the muted look... I'll probably just live with it the first season and see how it goes.

I kinda like it actually.

4 hours ago, djheywood said:

I bet Domed Numbers can do it. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, djheywood said:

Roll with it. These guys know their stuff. My graphics came in different than I expected. I had the same attitude as you and went with it. I am now very happy with the way mine came in. The wife wasn’t happy either. But we both are very happy now that we have had it a year. 😎 @timmypop  don’t worry. It will look great!!!