Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

23 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

@IXFE is the Deck Trac, that sand paper stuff or the soft grip Gator Step-like stuff?  If the sand paper, what was the logic on that over the soft grip? 

Malibu stopped using the sand paper stuff years ago. It will be black soft grip on my black top deck. Looks very nice. 

Obviously different color scheme, but this is the soft touch deck track. 

0ACE64FC-971A-4FE2-8794-E7E66A7DBE81.jpeg

Edited by IXFE

@IXFE Factory stereo this year? That's a big departure for you, isn't it?

edit: I see now that you're rolling with only factory tower speakers and DIYing the rest of it.  Haven't you always been a loyal exile guy?  

Edited by Fffrank
17 hours ago, gregtay said:

If you remember from my thread the non-wake view seat design on the 23 is... well... looks and feels like something Bayliner would have designed :-/.  The ends of the center cushion are not supported (at all) and the ends start to sag after only a few hours of use.  I think they just need to use a stronger base material with less flex and then just add a little support block for the ends to rest on.  Still working on a solution for mine but if I had to do it over again I would check the wakeview seat box just to have a decently constructed seat that didn't sag (but I do see what you mean by the large gap on the 25.)

Mine was made with a thin board underneath it that was at risk for breaking or sagging.  Shortly after I got the boat, they replaced it with one with a thicker board under warranty.  

8 hours ago, Fffrank said:

@IXFE Factory stereo this year? That's a big departure for you, isn't it?

edit: I see now that you're rolling with only factory tower speakers and DIYing the rest of it.  Haven't you always been a loyal exile guy?  

Yes, I love working with Exile, but I've run Wetsounds over the years as well.  Last year my entire build was Wetsounds with a JL sub.  

I'm not entirely certain about the stereo build this year.  I just know one thing for sure... it won't have a factory sub.  Hence the two JL subs in the "aftermarket" section of my build.

My thinking with the factory tower speakers was simply that a Gx tower might be harder to add aftermarket speakers to.  I just didn't feel like screwing with it.  

I will also be ripping out the factory amps, just like I did last year.  

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Yes, I love working with Exile, but I've run Wetsounds over the years as well.  Last year my entire build was Wetsounds with a JL sub.  

I'm not entirely certain about the stereo build this year.  I just know one thing for sure... it won't have a factory sub.  Hence the two JL subs in the "aftermarket" section of my build.

My thinking with the factory tower speakers was simply that a Gx tower might be harder to add aftermarket speakers to.  I just didn't feel like screwing with it.  

I will also be ripping out the factory amps, just like I did last year.  

I think it is just the opposite... the Gx is easier to add aftermarket speakers to.  You do need a small little adapter plate (needed to mount any speakers at each location on the Gx, it is just a small wedge) but then the mounting holes are the same ones Malibu has always used. And the best part is the Gx "opens up" so you have full access to running new wires to your speakers (but it is completely pre-wired and ready to go even if you order the boat with no tower speakers.)  

2 hours ago, gregtay said:

I think it is just the opposite... the Gx is easier to add aftermarket speakers to.  You do need a small little adapter plate (needed to mount any speakers at each location on the Gx, it is just a small wedge) but then the mounting holes are the same ones Malibu has always used. And the best part is the Gx "opens up" so you have full access to running new wires to your speakers (but it is completely pre-wired and ready to go even if you order the boat with no tower speakers.)  

I knew about the little wedges (pictured below). I remember that from your project. But you added ONE pair of factory Rev10’s, and as I recall, you ran into some figment issues with the hoop, no? 

In my case I’d be adding TWO pair of aftermarket Rev10’s.... the figment / spacing  concerns me. Aren’t the cans a touch bigger than the factory’s cans?  

Perhaps my bigger concern is adding LED light rings... that’s the reason I’d be doing the aftermarket Rev10’s (I don’t think there’s a way to add LED rings to the factory Rev10’s). So I’d have to run narrow gauge wire up each side of the tower. I’ve done this many times on a G3.5. I even took apart a G4 once (it was a bit of a hassle). Have you taken apart the Gx?  Got pics??? 

61F57EE4-312A-437D-B826-01624739C992.jpeg

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

I knew about the little wedges (pictured below). I remember that from your project. But you added ONE pair of factory Rev10’s, and as I recall, you ran into some figment issues with the hoop, no? 

In my case I’d be adding TWO pair of aftermarket Rev10’s.... the figment / spacing  concerns me. Aren’t the cans a touch bigger than the factory’s cans?  

Perhaps my bigger concern is adding LED light rings... that’s the reason I’d be doing the aftermarket Rev10’s (I don’t think there’s a way to add LED rings to the factory Rev10’s). So I’d have to run narrow gauge wire up each side of the tower. I’ve done this many times on a G3.5. I even took apart a G4 once (it was a bit of a hassle). Have you taken apart the Gx?  Got pics??? 

61F57EE4-312A-437D-B826-01624739C992.jpeg

I was hoping to see someone's sweet new boat, but instead I see this. How does it fit in to "2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats?"

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

I was hoping to see someone's sweet new boat, but instead I see this. How does it fit in to "2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats?"

I did post my 2020 build. Then everybody asked me questions about it. I answered. That’s how this works...

What are you a mod now??

34 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I did post my 2020 build. Then everybody asked me questions about it. I answered. That’s how this works...

What are you a mod now??

No. but I am a member who paid for some gas. I should get my turn. 

12 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

OK, I'll play :). And, it appears we have the same build date as @IXFE!

2020 Malibu Wakesetter 20VTX

1170786143_ExteriorFinal.thumb.JPG.6f3774297ec825ba4cd8eb65fe692147.JPG

813320596_InteriorFinal.thumb.JPG.bb9f5d2d08c1af39d00a973f0b5fdabe.JPG

1375931344_BuildSheetView.thumb.JPG.ca82949b18f59137fe55928872503b9c.JPG

Is that just the normal Azure piping on the seats or is it something different this year? (just looks really think on the mock-up.. but maybe they did that so you can actually see it!)

ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, gregtay said:

Is that just the normal Azure piping on the seats or is it something different this year? (just looks really think on the mock-up.. but maybe they did that so you can actually see it!)

I’m not aware that they made it any thicker in real life, but yeah maybe they did in the boat builder to see it better. 

Just now, ahopkinsVTX said:

I’m not aware that they made it any thicker in real life, but yeah maybe they did in the boat builder to see it better. 

Awesome build.. cant wait to see photos. 

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, AussieSkier said:

which tower are you going with?

The G3.5. I do like how the ski tower prevent the rope from touching it and it ties into the new windshield better, but the bimini coverage is not as good and that’s more important to the family. 

I’ll post a full list of options tomorrow from my laptop. 

• Like 2

My 25lsv is being induced tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing it after months of waiting. Unfortunately I can't make the factory as planned but will post when I get it. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

Here is our full option list. Thanks @IXFE for this format! Was much easier to post! For those playing along, yes we don't have some options from our 19 on this one. I still like those options, but we wanted to try a few different things on this boat and had a specific price point in mind.

GEL COAT

• Scheme - Classic
  • Deck Base - Arctic White
  • Deck Accent - Machine Silver Metallic
  • Deck Main - Azure Blue Metallic
  • Hull Main - Ebony
  • Hull Accent - Azure Blue Metallic
  • Hull Base - Ebony
  • Swim Step - Ebony

VINYL

• Interior Base - Graphite
  • Interior Main - Graphite
  • Interior Cushion Main - Light Graphite
  • Interior Accent - Arctic White
  • Cushion Panel - Arctic White
  • Cushion Bead - Azure Blue
  • Boat Top Stitch - Azure Blue
  • Dash Top Stitch - Azure Blue

GRAPHICS

• Arctic White-Wakesetter Hull Graphics

CANVAS

• CS Boat Cover w/TAPS 2 and Swimboard Cover
  • CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf

ENGINE

• Malibu Monsoon M5DI
  • Standard Prop - 15 x 13 - 950

ENGINE ACCESSORIES

• Exhaust Surf Pipe
  • Heater - 3 outlet

STEREO

• Sound System - VTX Pack
  • Subwoofer - ONE 12 inch Subwoofer (w/amp)

TOWER & ACCESSORIES

• Malibu G3.5 Tower -  Ebony
  • Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8's 1 Set - Ebony.
  • Tower Amp - 500w
  • Port Lower Rack - Waterski Rack - Slide Off
  • Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo
  • Tower Hoop and Arch Color Selection - Ebony

WAKE TECHNOLOGY

• Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System
  • Ballast HI FLO - PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent
  • Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband
  • Wedge - Power Wedge III

COCKPIT

• Deck Trac - Nonskid (Complete Deck Kit)
  • Soft Touch Flooring - Sepia Brown
  • Driver Seat Swivel & Slide
  • Power Lift Helm Seat
  • Pylon - Center
  • Mirror &W/S Mount - PTM 14 in - Black Composite
  • Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick

HARDWARE

• Battery Setup - Option 2
  • Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair

LIGHTING

• Docking Lights (Pair, LEDs)
  • Transom Lights - Underwater - Blue

TRAILER

• Ebony-14in Snowflake
  • 14in Snowflake w/Side Carrier
  • Lighting Bezel Color - Chrome
  • SS Ratchet w/ Retractable Straps
  • Transom Step w/Slimline LED

AFTERMARKET

• 2x 550lb. PnP bags
  • Blue LED lights for Cabin

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Here is our full option list. Thanks @IXFE for this format! Was much easier to post! For those playing along, yes we don't have some options from our 19 on this one. I still like those options, but we wanted to try a few different things on this boat and had a specific price point in mind.

GEL COAT

• Scheme - Classic
  • Deck Base - Arctic White
  • Deck Accent - Machine Silver Metallic
  • Deck Main - Azure Blue Metallic
  • Hull Main - Ebony
  • Hull Accent - Azure Blue Metallic
  • Hull Base - Ebony
  • Swim Step - Ebony

VINYL

• Interior Base - Graphite
  • Interior Main - Graphite
  • Interior Cushion Main - Light Graphite
  • Interior Accent - Arctic White
  • Cushion Panel - Arctic White
  • Cushion Bead - Azure Blue
  • Boat Top Stitch - Azure Blue
  • Dash Top Stitch - Azure Blue

GRAPHICS

• Arctic White-Wakesetter Hull Graphics

CANVAS

• CS Boat Cover w/TAPS 2 and Swimboard Cover
  • CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf

ENGINE

• Malibu Monsoon M5DI
  • Standard Prop - 15 x 13 - 950

ENGINE ACCESSORIES

• Exhaust Surf Pipe
  • Heater - 3 outlet

STEREO

• Sound System - VTX Pack
  • Subwoofer - ONE 12 inch Subwoofer (w/amp)

TOWER & ACCESSORIES

• Malibu G3.5 Tower -  Ebony
  • Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8's 1 Set - Ebony.
  • Tower Amp - 500w
  • Port Lower Rack - Waterski Rack - Slide Off
  • Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo
  • Tower Hoop and Arch Color Selection - Ebony

WAKE TECHNOLOGY

• Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System
  • Ballast HI FLO - PNP Plumbing w/Auto Vent
  • Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband
  • Wedge - Power Wedge III

COCKPIT

• Deck Trac - Nonskid (Complete Deck Kit)
  • Soft Touch Flooring - Sepia Brown
  • Driver Seat Swivel & Slide
  • Power Lift Helm Seat
  • Pylon - Center
  • Mirror &W/S Mount - PTM 14 in - Black Composite
  • Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick

HARDWARE

• Battery Setup - Option 2
  • Pull Up Cleats - Two Pair

LIGHTING

• Docking Lights (Pair, LEDs)
  • Transom Lights - Underwater - Blue

TRAILER

• Ebony-14in Snowflake
  • 14in Snowflake w/Side Carrier
  • Lighting Bezel Color - Chrome
  • SS Ratchet w/ Retractable Straps
  • Transom Step w/Slimline LED

AFTERMARKET

• 2x 550lb. PnP bags
  • Blue LED lights for Cabin

Build date?  Pics from the boat builder?