Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

34 minutes ago, Wakesetter67 said:

We Could not use the Malibu logo this time. This is AWS and Gatorsteps design. 

what is the M on the floor?? in the second picture

2 hours ago, fletchtx said:

Which blue is that?  the darker part?

Is this the CS Bemini?

I was not aware of the difference between GL and CS bemini and I just noticed on my build sheet I have the CS style. Not as good I’m reading 

4 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Is this the CS Bemini?

I was not aware of the difference between GL and CS bemini and I just noticed on my build sheet I have the CS style. Not as good I’m reading 

Looks like the GL bimini. The CS bimini has it’s annoying quirks but you’ll figure out fairly quickly how to work it.

The biggest complaint is locking in the support arms. When you’re locking in the support arm, pull down on the back of the bimini and give the arm a shove/bump so it goes in far enough to let the twist lock turn freely. Then you can just spin it from beneath, without using the D ring that’s hard to access.

90769350-B13F-4A87-9391-C1DA5FCD804C.thumb.jpeg.6fb17ecd2446bbecd2d94a4eeeee0958.jpeg

ahopkins22LSV

People have looped zip ties on the d ring too. I went with the CS and I’m perfectly happy with it. I keep our bimini up 90% of the time though. If I stowed every time I’d definitely look at the GL harder. 

6 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Is this the CS Bemini?

I go with the GL Bimini, well worth the upgrade IMO

On 12/28/2019 at 7:23 AM, granddaddy55 said:

what is the M on the floor?? in the second picture

Well its the Letter  M for Malibu on an Original State Of Oregon Logo. Last time I check Malibu does not Own the Alphabet...LOL although I hear they are trying to buy it !!~ 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Where are all the new boats?!  It's getting cold and I need to see them to make me feel warmer, haha.

Don't we usually have like a dozen deliveries by now most years?  Are all you annual upgraders slowing down or is the factory just not up to your build slot yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 10:47 AM, ajive said:

Where are all the new boats?!  It's getting cold and I need to see them to make me feel warmer, haha.

Ordered in Nov. Spray date Jan 29. 

I doubt I wouldn’t get the cameras again, but that was a resale block that was checked. What I don’t know is how I managed to live so long without the Fender Pros. Those things with my BABz have been worth their weight in gold for floating and at the dock!

9 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

@IXFE  Looks like a pretty loaded build.  Why not go 5 outlet heater?  And no wakeview seating?   Are the rear flip down seats available in 2020?

It’s been so long since I ordered a heater that I didn’t realize they had a 5-outlet!  Is that what you have?  

Good catch on the wakeview bench. We’re skipping it this year. We hardly ever use it and I don’t like the big gaps it leaves between the seat cushions. 

Yes flip down is available this year. I’m not a fan. Don’t really understand what problem they solve. 

Edited by IXFE

No worries.  Once I saw Gx, I figured most option boxes would get checked.  And yes, we have a 5 outlet heater.  I just figure once you check the heater box, it isn’t much to get 5 vs 3. And with the capacity of the 25, we use all 5 tubes at times.  

21 minutes ago, IXFE said:

It’s been so long since I ordered a heater that I didn’t realize they had a 5-outlet!  Is that what you have?  

Good catch on the wakeview bench. We’re skipping it this year. We hardly ever use it and I don’t like the big gaps it leaves between the seat cushions. 

Yes flip down is available this year. I’m not a fan. Don’t really understand what problem they solve. 

IXFE, do they have a better solution on the 25 if you don't get the wake view seat? If you remember from my thread the non-wake view seat design on the 23 is... well... looks and feels like something Bayliner would have designed :-/.  The ends of the center cushion are not supported (at all) and the ends start to sag after only a few hours of use.  I think they just need to use a stronger base material with less flex and then just add a little support block for the ends to rest on.  Still working on a solution for mine but if I had to do it over again I would check the wakeview seat box just to have a decently constructed seat that didn't sag (but I do see what you mean by the large gap on the 25.)

21 minutes ago, gregtay said:

IXFE, do they have a better solution on the 25 if you don't get the wake view seat? If you remember from my thread the non-wake view seat design on the 23 is... well... looks and feels like something Bayliner would have designed :-/.  The ends of the center cushion are not supported (at all) and the ends start to sag after only a few hours of use.  I think they just need to use a stronger base material with less flex and then just add a little support block for the ends to rest on.  Still working on a solution for mine but if I had to do it over again I would check the wakeview seat box just to have a decently constructed seat that didn't sag (but I do see what you mean by the large gap on the 25.)

Honestly, neither option is ideal. I’ve had the rear facing bench in my last three boats. At the end of the day it comes down to the fact that we just don’t use it. And it’s $3k option so.... 

You may recall that @TallRedRider reported no sagging in his cushion. 

Both pics taken from 25 LSV

EFE124E6-68E6-4033-B1D2-2C61948C6C19.jpeg

Edited by IXFE