Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

On 8/28/2019 at 1:16 PM, Ole2TTs said:

Added 2020 logos to my 18.  This basically counts as taking delivery of a 2020 right?

driveway 1.jpg

logo.jpg

Will be very close to 2020....

• Like 3

Had a chance to Demo the New 2020 23 MXZ Today as a friend was interested in this boat! It was the first time I got to feel and hear the difference with the New M6DI Engine! I had the 410 Raptor in my old 2018 and I thought that was a great engine, Wow It takes a lot to really impress me! And again this is much more power then my Raptor, But Wow So So Quiet, that the Factory stereo with just one pair of Rev 8's sounded great! But the Power!  In my 2018 I had to drain the rear Bags to half full when we went into wake boarding and even then it took some time to plain out to 22mph, Not on this bad boy! Full Ballast 5 People and planed out twice as fast or more! And the Helm!!! So much better to tune the stereo and so much faster response time!  I did not get in the water as it was freaking cold but the Wave looked awesome! Any way Count down to Oct 31st, I'm more pumped about this new boat now that I know whats coming! 

6 hours ago, NWBU said:

Locked in my 2020 23 LSV order last night on the flight home. Mid-flight I get a text from my dealer that fall rebates were just out but the GM strike is causing some supply chain issues. Because of that, we would also have to lock in my order by end of day to get a build slot with the engine I wanted.

I've been debating M5 vs. M6 for awhile but decided to go with the M6DI this year. I think I'm going to love that engine, especially paired with a 17" prop in the 23.

Peer Pressure?? It had to be my M6 Review! 

ahopkins22LSV
17 hours ago, NWBU said:

Locked in my 2020 23 LSV order last night on the flight home. Mid-flight I get a text from my dealer that fall rebates were just out but the GM strike is causing some supply chain issues. Because of that, we would also have to lock in my order by end of day to get a build slot with the engine I wanted.

I've been debating M5 vs. M6 for awhile but decided to go with the M6DI this year. I think I'm going to love that engine, especially paired with a 17" prop in the 23.

Ummmm, no design pictures..? :Tease3:

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NWBU said:

It sure helped me get off the fence and make a decision on the fly. At least I won’t be getting stuck with a Raptor again.

The Raptor is a beast of a motor.  Paired with a 17” prop and 2:1, nobody is going to be disappointed in performance.  

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, wakebrdr94 said:

The Raptor is a beast of a motor.  Paired with a 17” prop and 2:1, nobody is going to be disappointed in performance.  

Oh I agree it’s a beast and have never complained about its performance. I had it in my 2018 and know the motor well.

6 hours ago, wakebrdr94 said:

I liked mine and really had no complaints...But when people said the new engine is like getting a free stereo upgrade, I blew it off until I rode in one the other day, Night and day difference and I'm a hot rod guy that loves me some loud pipes!  Plus the new DI and everything else makes me excited to run this in 2020! 

The Raptor is great and with a 17" prop would be awesome.  But I can't think of anything really not to like on the M6.   It has been a great motor!   The only bummer it the impeller is mounted up top (easier to maintain) which is good, but now a new part number is used since it is top mounted, so your old Johnson 812B impeller won't be a good spare to carry any more.   

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First custom build locked in last week. 2020 23 LSV White/Tuscan gold combo exterior and Sepia brown/white interior. Went with M6 engine as I feel will be great for resale and should have more than enough power. This will be our second boat. First was a 2009 VTX we sold two years ago as we couldn’t surf with it. We also had some concern as GM was striking but luckily they are back now and Malibu said won’t be issue for February build slot so we should have it delivered in March sometime and will post pics then!

Very similar to this build but with switch blade rims on trailer 

https://ca.boats.com/power-boats/2020-malibu-wakesetter-lsv-23-7222678/

• Like 2
11 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

First custom build locked in last week. 2020 23 LSV White/Tuscan gold combo exterior and Sepia brown/white interior. Went with M6 engine as I feel will be great for resale and should have more than enough power. This will be our second boat. First was a 2009 VTX we sold two years ago as we couldn’t surf with it. We also had some concern as GM was striking but luckily they are back now and Malibu said won’t be issue for February build slot so we should have it delivered in March sometime and will post pics then!

Congrats! Looks amazing! You will love the M6 

12 hours ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Cool. Parker Marine?  Did you dodge the 10% luxury tax?

Yes Parker Marine on Vancouver Island!

And it’s looking like we may be able to dodge it. Fingers crossed as much as we want to spend an additional $17,000 in tax :Frustrated:

Are you in Canada?

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Yup - at least when I am not working.  Sounds like you got a good deal.  Cowichan is nice.

Yes we are very happy with the deal Parker Marine worked for us. We spent the better part of a year looking for a used boat but nothing ever came up we loved so we decided custom order was the only way to go. You pay a slight premium for it but when your in the boat as much as we are its worth it. This boat will be used a lot!

On 10/19/2019 at 10:54 AM, NWBU said:

I also just locked in with M6! Cant wait to feel the difference from my old 2009 VTX 350 Monsoon motor haha!

• Like 3
On 11/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, 2020LSV23 said:

Which build slot is your 2020 in?

It was suppose to be last Thursday the 31st but the GM strike messed it up a bit, So Now its This Monday the 11th!!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

It was suppose to be last Thursday the 31st but the GM strike messed it up a bit, So Now its This Monday the 11th!!

I look forward to seeing pics! 

Coming Spring 2020, trading in my Axis for a Bu.  Some option highlights besides the usual include:

M6Di Engine

Power seat

PTM tower mirror

2 Clamping racks

Wake view seating and wake view bench seating

Bow cam and step

backup depth alarm (so I won't have to keep telling my trailer driver to go back and forth!)

Stern Turn

Gunmetal metallic with ebony and indy red accent, white hull and interior gel coat. Lt graphite interior with darker graphite accent. Sepia brown soft grip for some contrasting color.

Malibu22MXZ(3598579424).png

Edited by Wavemaker
Changed Pic
  • Like 4
On 11/6/2019 at 8:46 AM, Wakesetter67 said:

Happy birthday 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 6:46 AM, Wakesetter67 said:

How long after you placed your order did you get a build date? I placed my order on a custom a few weeks ago and I am waiting on a build date on a 25 w/ an M6.