Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

On 7/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, Mattb422 said:

Has anyone taken delivery of 2020s yet? I saw the dash picture on other discussion, so where did that come from?

People have taken delivery and several dealers have them in stock...

Finally a new updated dash!   So far I like what I see.  Does look like the image on the center screen is smaller which could be a problem for some. 

Thanks for sharing.  1st I have seen this.  

image.png.0c7e281b14ed5c88f77b77719bad9f59.png

You toggle different screens on each, speed or tach... Very user friendly! wireless charging phone holder on the right and on the right of the seat and in glovebox with USB to radio. There are 11 phone specific spots, warming tray for my vest. 

Best of all, when surfing I can back up straight without turning, and get the rider and get back surfing fast. Must be the 17" prop? Also backup camera comes on Everytime you reverse is sometimes annoying ( like the bilge alert) Although it has taken some getting used to docking🙂

ahopkins22LSV
11 hours ago, Lesslumpy said:

You toggle different screens on each, speed or tach... Very user friendly! wireless charging phone holder on the right and on the right of the seat and in glovebox with USB to radio. There are 11 phone specific spots, warming tray for my vest. 

Best of all, when surfing I can back up straight without turning, and get the rider and get back surfing fast. Must be the 17" prop? Also backup camera comes on Everytime you reverse is sometimes annoying ( like the bilge alert) Although it has taken some getting used to docking🙂

Not sure on the 2020 software but the 2019 models you can turn the auto camera off for when you go into reverse. But then it won’t turn on at all when you are in reverse. You have to manually do it. 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Brianborder said:

Wonder if the new screen software can be put onto a 2019 and prior model.  I really like the numbered wedge settings. 

Doubtful. It sounds like the changes the operating system. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Brianborder said:

Wonder if the new screen software can be put onto a 2019 and prior model.  I really like the numbered wedge settings. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Doubtful. It sounds like the changes the operating system. 

Correct, completely different operating systems, etc. Not to mention hardware changes inside the brain itself.

Android.

Here's an idea... Google Photos integration assuming the on-board cams record action.  I have an old cell phone that lives on my boat.  It has a camera app on it that will start and stop recording automatically at skiing speeds (for my use case of slalom videos).  When I get home and put my boat in the garage, the phone syncs up to my home wifi network and automatically pushes the video files into a shared Google Photos album.  My buddies back in Wisconsin (like @braindamage) have the same setup and we can watch videos of each other for coaching, whatever.  I get notifications anytime there are new videos in the album and so do they.

Is that possible?  :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Android.

Here's an idea... Google Photos integration assuming the on-board cams record action.  I have an old cell phone that lives on my boat.  It has a camera app on it that will start and stop recording automatically at skiing speeds (for my use case of slalom videos).  When I get home and put my boat in the garage, the phone syncs up to my home wifi network and automatically pushes the video files into a shared Google Photos album.  My buddies back in Wisconsin (like @braindamage) have the same setup and we can watch videos of each other for coaching, whatever.  I get notifications anytime there are new videos in the album and so do they.

Is that possible?  :)

That is certainly technically possible and really not that challenging to implement... all of the piece are already there for Malibu to implement. With 5-g coming online in the next few years you really wouldn’t need to wait to get home, the boat can just upload when it has a solid signal. We have this thyme of solution implemented on industrial drones today(including AI analytics on the data stream in the cloud.) 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:16 AM, Lesslumpy said:

Yes, 23MXZ. Just finished breaking her in over the 4th week.

22A82867-B146-4752-928A-54B6ED7605C5.jpeg

94E28099-50E7-48A8-BCF5-F1733F50F81D.jpeg

Fantastic! Any pics and or feedback on the wave? Just surfed a friends 19 25 LSV and was blown away, hoping this is close in performance?

On 7/19/2019 at 3:52 PM, lovetosurf said:

Fantastic! Any pics and or feedback on the wave? Just surfed a friends 19 25 LSV and was blown away, hoping this is close in performance?

The wake wave no wedge or water ballast, 3 lead bricks pass compartment, 6 adults behind the windshiel Is knee high, perfect profile... Not too steep. I tried Fully sacked and wedge... Wouldn't get to wake speed. I haven't set the wedge to auto yet.

Surf wave we have been using front and midship tanks full and rear at 60% wedge at 3 and 6-8 adults. Easily no rope riding, wave does seem steep but wedge at 2 makes the ramp better but wave height suffered. Maybe a sack in the walkthrough will help?