Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best price for propeller

2000 vlx

Check out discount inboard marine, www.skidim.com. Thay have pretty good prices on acme and oj.

I got my Acme 4 blade through wakeside for $350 with free shipping plus I get $35 towards a future purchase. Love the new prop.

Thanks for all the replies. Orderd one from Discount Inboard Marine along with puller. This will be the first time I've had to change inboard prop. Anything special I need to know?

I just replaced my prop for the first time and it was pretty easy. If youve got the prop puller and a wrench that's all the tools you need. You may also want to get a piece of wood or something that you can wedge into the prop to keep it from spinning while you are removing the nut. I used a 4x4 piece about 2 feet long and it worked great. You also may want a new cotter pin tp replace the one already on there.

One piece of advice - do NOT back off the nut all the way at first. Back it off enough to let you get the prop loose with the puller, but no more. If you take the nut off all the way the prop can come flying off the shaft when it finally breaks loose and you can ding yourself up pretty good.

Mike

I just happen to have a 14x17 cupped OJ 3 blade for sale, $150. This prop is balanced and polished. The person who bought my boat couldn't afford everything and so I have the prop still and it won't fit my '03 RLXi.

PM me if you would like a picture or more detail.

you can get it off w/out the puller too... just slowly apply hot water to the hub, to heat it up.. then tap the back of the hub firmly with a rubber/plastic coated dead blow hammer.. it will pop right off

And as previously mentioned -leave the nut on a bit, so the prop doesn't drop to the ground once free

Thanks for the tip about leaving the nut on the shaft. I wouldn't have done that otherwise. Prop really popped off looks like it could do some real damage to your hand without the nut on. I installed it this weekend OJ puller worked fine and prop went on very easy. Had great service from Discount Inboard Marine. Ordered prop last Sunday night and had it by Mid week with regular shipping