Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Updates/changes to 2012-2016 Malibu Response TXI

WBL skier

I am curious if there is a chart somewhere of the various updates/changes by year to the Malibu Response TXI from 2012 through 2016?  Can someone point me to that or describe changes?  I think at some point they moved the engine forward and maybe an engine change but I don't remember.  I'm trying to decide if one year is a better option than another...

ahopkins22LSV

In 2015 they changed the engine options from Indmar to crusader challenger by pcm. The base engine went from the 5.7sbc to the 6.0. This is also when they moved it forward a few inches. Some people raved that the engine move forward made the boat way better to drive and ski  I honestly could not tell the difference between my 2013 and the 15&16’s I drove and skied.

Other then that, there were little no no changes. The only other change I can think of is in 2012 they have the screw in gas caps and 2013 they went to the flip kind. 

For 2015 there were other changes too.  They got away from the Yugo-style steering wheel and the button-style throttle, going back to more traditional controls on both.  Believe 2015 saw updated "Response" graphics also.

Ergonomically and electronically, I don't believe there were really any changes from '12 to '16.

Comments on the engine change in 15 to crusader?  Indmar had a long and successful run with them. I have a 20 year old Monsoon that is a champ. 

30 minutes ago, WBL skier said:

Comments on the engine change in 15 to crusader?  Indmar had a long and successful run with them. I have a 20 year old Monsoon that is a champ. 

The Crusader engines are really really quiet.  Don't recall if the '12-14 were that quiet but the 15 and 16 were nice.