Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Rig

DAI

Seems to do fine, I wanted it to go past the widths of the tires. The bar is stainless. The flaps at off a agsheild sprayer. My gas mileage might be effected but my last boat and trailer didn’t have hardly any rock chips. Maybe 1 or 2 on the trailer. Because of the New raptor’s exhaust, nobody that I found makes one to fit it.

Towed with the Raptor for the first time this morning.  Towed much better than I was expecting.  Slower speed was a little bouncy (30 mph or less).  But at 35 mph and above, the ride felt better than my Platinum.  I think the live shocks stiffen up the faster I go, limiting the bounce.  

Very happy with the change!

• Like 2

Company truck, no putting my coin in! I get a new one in dec, by the way, love the new seats! Are those recaros?

Edited by surfdude

I just order the 502 package, with nav so I get the screen, torson front end, and boom, great resale, cheapiest this truck you could own. Couldn’t lease for this deal.

Edited by surfdude
8 hours ago, surfdude said:

Company truck, no putting my coin in! I get a new one in dec, by the way, love the new seats! Are those recaros?

Those are the Recaros.  Very comfortable, heavily bolstered and a sporty feel with the mix of leather and Alcantara.

Did you order a 2019 or 2020 MY?

On 7/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, surfdude said:

Gonna order a 20

Or better yet...order a F-250 Tremor and share the pics with us!

• Like 3

Just made it to Whitefish lake last night. The timbren bump stops made a world of difference on how the Raptor tows! My only complaint is that it’s a lot harder on your backside with these on, especially when your spoiled by the Raptors normal super plush ride. Yes, I did 80 on the long straight interstate section. Glad I had the homemade rock tamers, as a section near whitefish had chip sealing going on. Truck got about 8.5 mpg😬, but one section is straight up over the continental divide.

Congrats on the truck, everyone's right, it'll do just fine if you are careful. The tow rating is like 8,000 lbs with the soft factory suspension and quite frankly there's nothing else holding it back but the suspension. Air bags (if you think you need them) would be absolutely all you need to bring that up to the proper capability for towing.

To the guys surprised about towing at 80mph. It's easy... It's actually not very difficult to slow down from those speeds either. The only thing that's truly terrifying about that is that the speed rating on most trailer tires are not up to snuff to be towed at that speed

6 hours ago, snowmanwithahat said:

The only thing that's truly terrifying about that is that the speed rating on most trailer tires are not up to snuff to be towed at that speed

Unless you are running 18" wheels, then the speed rating is well over what anyone would be comfortable towing. 

10 hours ago, snowmanwithahat said:

Air bags (if you think you need them) would be absolutely all you need to bring that up to the proper capability for towing.

With my current boat and based on the couple times towing now, I don't think I'll be needing airbags. 

I highly recommend the timbren bump stops, that bama recommended. Their cheap, take about 15 minutes to put on. Made a big difference on our trip last week. But if you’re only towing a few miles, don’t bother 

9 hours ago, surfdude said:

I highly recommend the timbren bump stops, that bama recommended. Their cheap, take about 15 minutes to put on. Made a big difference on our trip last week. But if you’re only towing a few miles, don’t bother 

The longest I may tow this year 1.5hrs.  But your comment of a lot harder on the backside has me concerned I'll hear my wife complain most of the drive.  I'll definitely keep it in mind if I feel the need to do any improvements for towing in the future.  Thank you for the reco.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...