Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

flip down step swim board and surf wake

texnky2

Does anyone know if the new flip down step swimboard will affect the wake while surfing?  It seems to be thicker than the standard swim platform and has hinges that will probably drag in the water when ballast tanks are filled for surfing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone created a DIY replacement swim platform with a swim step like this built in for earlier boat years? I am pretty comfortable with wood and also aluminum if there were some designs ...

Edited by Argonaut
9 hours ago, Argonaut said:

DIY replacement swim platform

See "Malibu Flip Down Step" post in the Mods & Accessories category. OP is mostly done with his. 

On 7/8/2019 at 11:33 PM, AussieSkier said:

Shoes on in the boat....Ohhhh:oops:

You mean the guy with crippled feet that has to wear orthotics and in 20 years of wearing shoes in his boat has never popped a seam, scratched vinyl, or left a mark?  Yeah, step off.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Slurpee said:

You mean the guy with crippled feet that has to wear orthotics and in 20 years of wearing shoes in his boat has never popped a seam, scratched vinyl, or left a mark?  Yeah, step off.

But he's also a very thoughtful guy who always matches his shoes to the boat's color scheme....

• 1 month later...

We just upgraded to a 19 23 LSV.  Wouldn't have made the switch without the boat having this option.  We expect it to be a huge hit tomorrow when we take delivery.  Lots of families on our boat.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

We just upgraded to a 19 23 LSV.  Wouldn't have made the switch without the boat having this option.  We expect it to be a huge hit tomorrow when we take delivery.  Lots of families on our boat.

It’s a game changer. Confirmed no plans to bring to Axis via Malibu rep. It’s one thing they want only on the luxury models 

35 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Buy an Axis then order a new platform with the step.  :)

I don’t think you can buy direct. You would think they would sell them, like if it broke, but apparently not. They want to move more higher margin product and I get it.

2 hours ago, Raleigh said:

It’s a game changer. Confirmed no plans to bring to Axis via Malibu rep. It’s one thing they want only on the luxury models 

Yea, it was a game changer for us, too.  One of the reasons I was able to convince the wife to upgrade, and why we narrowed on a 19 BU vs other options.  (We looked closely at MC and Supra)

1 hour ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Yea, it was a game changer for us, too. 

This reminds me of house sales.  The selling point is often not what you think.

Edited by Eagleboy99

It affects it on my 2019 24 MXZ.  With that said we love the option and would get it again but compared to my friends 2018 24 MXZ with the same set up, same settings, same lake he gets a substantially better wave.  I will try to get pics but when loaded and surfing the deck and the brackets track a pretty heavy line of spray in the water.  This is the only conclusion we have come to for the differences in the wave on our MXZ's. Still a great wave but not as good as the 2018

28 minutes ago, Orangemxz said:

It affects it on my 2019 24 MXZ.  With that said we love the option and would get it again but compared to my friends 2018 24 MXZ with the same set up, same settings, same lake he gets a substantially better wave.  I will try to get pics but when loaded and surfing the deck and the brackets track a pretty heavy line of spray in the water.  This is the only conclusion we have come to for the differences in the wave on our MXZ's. Still a great wave but not as good as the 2018

Yikes... I appreciate you sharing that knowledge!