Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 mxz had 200 hour service and now new engine codes

Charteredrentals

Just picked boat up from having 200 hour service done and drove it to my dock. Shut off loaded family up. Boat wouldn’t start and I am getting all these active alarms and engine codes idled back to the truck and trailer once it finally started boat sounds rough. Bummer deal before the family holiday week. Any idea what these codes are for. Is there anything out there that explains these codes. 6.2 motor 

ueg01 pump cell abnormal rate of change

codes SPN 3225

SPN 3264

SPN 

I used google with the search term "6.2l spn3225" and the first link returned was the Indmar manual for service code diagnosis.  3225 isn't specifically mentioned, but 32xx appears to be O2 sensor issues.  Check all of the O2 sensors you can find, and maybe follow the diagnostics you find on page 54 or so of that manual.  Perhaps a member with the correct manual can help you pinpoint the codes.

It is quite possible that a sensor lead got accidentally pulled.  While you are looking, check for anything else that could be loose or unplugged.

What gets me is that the O2 sensors should not be in play for engine startup since the engine starts in open loop mode, then adds the O2 sensors as the engine warms up.  This may happen very quickly after the engine is already warm and you restart soon after stopping it.  Does it start normally when stone cold, then go into limp mode as it warms? 

Good luck.

Got boat on trailer and shut off and now it won’t start mechanic must have done something wrong when in for service engine nocks also.