Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rash guards/UV tops

UWSkier

What does everyone use? I have a several year old xcel I got in Hawaii that's stretched out and ready to retire. I have an O'Neill that's new this year but I don't love the fit. Plus I'm sure there are less expensive but equally effective options. Living in AZ and with a family history of skin cancer, I wear these anytime I'm at the lake or in my back yard by the pool. 

Incidentally, they do a fantastic job keeping you cool when it's 110f and dry. They stay wet for a while and the evaporative effect actually makes you feel cold. Bizarre feeling. 

O'Neill stuff only.  I have a couple of different styles.  I have a couple that are more like T-shirts that I scored super cheap on Amazon recently ($8 shipped each, they are back up to $25 now).  Then I have the slightly thicker, more form-fitting type.  I also have a long sleeve for the cooler days.  I think I have 6 or 7 total, I love those things.

To clarify, I'm looking for something that will be snug enough to not flutter in the wind at slalom speeds but that isn't a heater top.  Should have mentioned in my previous post that it will see ski duty. 

I have a bunch of Volcom and O'Neil 3/4 sleeve rash guards that all seem to work equally as well.  My main reason for wearing them is sun protection, I have not run across one that worked better than another.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

To clarify, I'm looking for something that will be snug enough to not flutter in the wind at slalom speeds but that isn't a heater top.  Should have mentioned in my previous post that it will see ski duty. 

This is the long sleeve one I have, which is a tighter fit:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EBV7XQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

This is one of my short sleeves that is a tighter fit.  Not as tight as above in the same size, but snugger than others:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XWVWGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

A few years ago I purchased two short sleeve Oneill Sun Shirts (loose fit rash guards). I wear one most of the time I'm on, or behind, the boat. Sleeves may ride up a little at ski speeds but not irritating. Comfortable and stylish enough  (for a t-shirt) that I can wear it into a waterfront restaurant/bar without looking like I had to wear my rash guard because I forgot a shirt.   

O’Rageous’

cheap and last, thick therefore launder well, key to all of these is powder soap , no softener and dryer only when  necessary   , should be hung to dry

in think this is/was tge Academy Sports generic brand ,  therefore cheap and you can try them on

i have both long and short sleeve snd their great!

I have a 15 year old snowboard pants from the  that is indestructable  

Edited by granddaddy55