Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission failure - 2010 Wakesetter 23 LSV 450 hp

Hi,

I need help because I don't know what is happening. It stays in neutral all the time. 

The transmission just stop working all of the sudden. I had just arrived at my dock and was starting the maneuver to park when suddenly, no movement at all forward or backward. The engine was working properly as the RPM increased with the power I was giving the handle, but no propelling at all. Forward or backward was the same behavior. RPM going up, engine running, but no propelling.

Does anyone had had a similar problem? What seems like the problem?

Thank you,

Joel

Your linkage probably just popped off, have someone work the throttle back and forth to find the linkage and where it should be connected, IIRC its on the starboard side of tranny.

Maybe check your propeller shaft coupler bolts below the vdrive, or the propeller key, or even if the prop is still on the shaft.  Does the prop shaft turn when you shift to forward or reverse?

19 hours ago, csleaver said:

Maybe check your propeller shaft coupler bolts below the vdrive, or the propeller key, or even if the prop is still on the shaft.  Does the prop shaft turn when you shift to forward or reverse?

This would be best place to start

The linkage connects to right/strbd side of the trans via a blue cable. It is seated and secured into SS flip gated bracket that is attached to the trans. If it comes out of the  bracket you would experience that kind of issue. While your back there look underneath the VD for a SS bolt and brass nut salad in the bilge. If so the trans coupler bolts fell out as mentioned by @csleaver.4A582DBC-9F6F-4861-9ACA-5FD7B93A5260.thumb.jpeg.8b0879b8847b5e33abdcf31bd1a4c536.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your amazing feedback and support. I've just came back from taking a look at the issue and it turns out that what you guys said was EXACTLY that :) The cable linking the throttle to the transmission had popped off (The blue cable from WDR's picture). I clipped it back in easily and WITHOUT COST. Just amazing!

I have some pictures that I wanted to post here to help if someone else has the same symptom. But can't seem to find a way to upload them.

Thank you guys/girls very much,

Joel

(p.s. if anyone knows or can upload pictures, let me know. I could send them so they are posted here and provide insight for a future lost soul like me)

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, Archambault said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your amazing feedback and support. I've just came back from taking a look at the issue and it turns out that what you guys said was EXACTLY that :) The cable linking the throttle to the transmission had popped off (The blue cable from WDR's picture). I clipped it back in easily and WITHOUT COST. Just amazing!

I have some pictures that I wanted to post here to help if someone else has the same symptom. But can't seem to find a way to upload them.

Thank you guys/girls very much,

Joel

(p.s. if anyone knows or can upload pictures, let me know. I could send them so they are posted here and provide insight for a future lost soul like me)

Very good to hear! Glad the forum community could help. For pictures, you can upload directly from your phone/computer if you are a supporting member. Here is a link that explains why we have memberships, and what you get out of it.

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/supporttmc.html/