Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgates not staying out

Anyone have problems with their surfgates staying out? 

Backstory

Went out saturday had aproximatly 4 people surf when after a rider went down I slowed down to go back and get the rider and got the high current message from the surfgates.

I went through did the recalibration and everything seemed to go back to normal.

Next rider up the gate took longer to come out and then would fluctuate in and out like it didnt have enough power to stay out. 

We then switched sides to goofy in hopes that it was just the one side. But to no avail the other side did the exact same thing.

Back at the dock i put the gates in maintence mode and both gates extended like they should. 

Has anyone had this happen or have any idea on a fix?

I am going to try to get into the dealer this week but with 4th of july coming up i am guessing my chances are not good. Would be great to get it working again before the 4th if possible. 

First step is to check the wiring for water intrusion. If water gets in one ram it can travel through the harness to the module and get everywhere. Many of times I have had to replace both rams, the surfgate harness, and module. Unfortunately you have done all you can do. It has a component that is failing.