Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer coupling part fell out - what is this?

gregtay

Two questions.. first off, does anyone know where this part goes or what it does? This fell from the coupler area of my trailer (somewhere around or just behind where the ball fits.)  Second question.. should this tab (lower photos, circled) move? I thought this tab should move to indicate the emergency brake isn't locked on but on my trailer it does not move at all, it is stuck in the position it is in. (my last trailer didn't have this but years ago I had a trailer with the tab, and if I remember right you had to make sure it pushed up to check the ebrake. 

tr1.thumb.JPG.cab3f0047c9926249992b938e4f6af51.JPG

Should this tab move??

tr2.thumb.JPG.cb7f2615fa124ec77188d5468476c50c.JPG

thread Hijack,

anyone have a part number for the E-clips that hold the brake lines in place to the bracket on the axle???

. Sorry no pic's i forgot to snap one and this thread reminded me to do so

53 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The thing on the bottom is the pushrod release for bleeding the brakes

https://www.pacifictrailers.com/blogs/boat-trailer-tips-advice/trailer-brake-bleeding-instructions

OKay, so it is normal for it to be in a fixed location (can't move it) unless you use a screwdriver to pry the compress the cylinder, right?

Just now, gregtay said:

OKay, so it is normal for it to be in a fixed location (can't move it) unless you use a screwdriver to pry the compress the cylinder, right?

I think if you push hard enough upward that it should move, but it has been a long time since I did that.