Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blowing J hose way to often?

My bud's CC196 350 Chevy is blowing the J hose three times in a little over a year?  Any one think of any reason for this?  I know I blew one on my R lxi but one and it was the first year. Still running the same hose so I may have had a bad hose. I am thinking that would be from the auto water pump to the thermostat. I need to get it fixed I am getting tired of pulling him back to his lift. :whistle:  Better me pulling him then the R lxi behind the CC196.

Bad head gasket?  That's the only thing I can think of that could pressurize his cooling system that much.  Might be time to pull the heads, or at least do a leakdown test.

6 minutes ago, justgary said:

Bad head gasket?  That's the only thing I can think of that could pressurize his cooling system that much.  Might be time to pull the heads, or at least do a leakdown test.

I was thinking along the same line. He had his heads rebuilt somewhat recent I don't remember early last year or late the year before. wondering if they checked for warped heads or block. My leakdown testing gear is down state at my brothers place. It will be a week or two before I can get down to pick it up. I might just pressurize the cylinders and look for air in the cooling system and not be concerned about %. leak.