Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 Axis T22 Surf setup

Mattonspeclake

On 7/13/2020 at 2:08 PM, lasik said:

Yes have 350 and believe the 1.72 transmission.

This prop is way better than the 1235 it came with.  If cruising to a cove 3700-4000 rpm gets us 24-26mph.  Depends on how many guests.  This past week entire extended family joined us, 13-15 on the boat everyday.  Didn’t need much weight in the rears & 3 teenagers up front but filled bow & center and surfed 10.8 at 4,000 rpm with a great wave.  Was seeing how far back I could drift before recovering and it was deep.

What brand prop is it? 

• 2 years later...
Denniswoods

I have always filled my factory ballast all the way ( I do have the upgraded wakemaker 865# rear plug and play ballast ), added 500# of lead ( 200# in battery box, 200# in locker across from driver for counterbalance, and 100# to move around ( mostly left in the bow area)), and have left the wedge stowed. The wave has been great, but I don't think I was getting on plane much. We were fighting to get up to 11 mph, burning gas, but had a good wave to surf on (not on plane). All the while, one of my friends had been telling me to have everybody stay in the front ( to get on plane ) until we get up to 11 mph ( on plane ), and then telling everybody to move to the back ( to stand the wave up a bit once "on plane" ).  Well, yesterday, we did the shuffle ( having 6 people move to the front until on plane, then move to the rear ) and my wave was literally a foot taller. This thing was a monster and I learned how important it is to get on plane before fine tuning the wave. I also learned that the wedge makes a great improvement, as long as you can get on plane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 4:15 PM, Denniswoods said:

I have always filled my factory ballast all the way ( I do have the upgraded wakemaker 865# rear plug and play ballast ), added 500# of lead ( 200# in battery box, 200# in locker across from driver for counterbalance, and 100# to move around ( mostly left in the bow area)), and have left the wedge stowed. The wave has been great, but I don't think I was getting on plane much. We were fighting to get up to 11 mph, burning gas, but had a good wave to surf on (not on plane). All the while, one of my friends had been telling me to have everybody stay in the front ( to get on plane ) until we get up to 11 mph ( on plane ), and then telling everybody to move to the back ( to stand the wave up a bit once "on plane" ).  Well, yesterday, we did the shuffle ( having 6 people move to the front until on plane, then move to the rear ) and my wave was literally a foot taller. This thing was a monster and I learned how important it is to get on plane before fine tuning the wave. I also learned that the wedge makes a great improvement, as long as you can get on plane.

@Denniswoods what did you do with Wedge to get the "great improvement"?

• 3 months later...

Put the wedge down and had the peeps in the bow while I pulled the surfer out of the water. Once we got to 11 mph, we were on plane. At that point, had people move to the back until the wave was shoulder high. I imagine if you have the auto wedge, you could drop it once you got on plane? Not sure, mine is manual....