Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone use wet sounds rf music rgb controller

pnshr13

In process of doing audio on axis a22.. Building custom box under dash for L7 12" q series, mounting 4 kicker kmtc8ls on tower, and replacing the 6.5 alpines with 4 kicker 45km84l.. I got a wet sounds rf music controller for a decent price, and figured use this to run the led on speakers.. Question is where is best place to mount it? I was thinking of putting it on the amp rack I'm making and piggy backing the subwoofer rcas and run the 3.5 straight to the controller.. My head unit has a dedicated lp sub out, so by doing this would it then work only with the bass? Would mounting in the ob compartment be OK? Any ideas would be great. It says to avoid high spl so figured should keep it away from the sub.. 

22 hours ago, pnshr13 said:

In process of doing audio on axis a22.. Building custom box under dash for L7 12" q series, mounting 4 kicker kmtc8ls on tower, and replacing the 6.5 alpines with 4 kicker 45km84l.. I got a wet sounds rf music controller for a decent price, and figured use this to run the led on speakers.. Question is where is best place to mount it? I was thinking of putting it on the amp rack I'm making and piggy backing the subwoofer rcas and run the 3.5 straight to the controller.. My head unit has a dedicated lp sub out, so by doing this would it then work only with the bass? Would mounting in the ob compartment be OK? Any ideas would be great. It says to avoid high spl so figured should keep it away from the sub.. 

Do not use 3.5, use ambient adjusted down on sensitivity knob , 3.5 creates speaker light noise , my controller mic picks up music in closed coffin just fine

do not collocate the controller to amp board .  Reason , rca proximity creates noise emitted by controller to lights snd it makes or adds to speaker light noise

read instruction number one of your WS instructions , think it’s in red, says do not put controller near magnetic fields -as per Robert at WS that means RCA’s

2.5-3+ ft distance from any RCA

you could put it in the opposite upper corner of the coffin from amp rack and achieve this distance 

Controller should have remote power and ground like components and amps 

Edited by granddaddy55

Sweet.. Yeah I mounted it to the board.. If I get to much feed back I'm gonna have to move to opposite corner.. But so far so good.. Found out the 3.5 did have a ton of feed back.. thx for the Input.. Once I figure out how to upload pics I will post the.