Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel pump issues

New to the group, & been reading different posts here, & not sure how to navigate back to where I found some good information!

We recently purchased a 2003 Monsoon, and it started running like it had a clogged fuel filter. I’ve replaced the one at the tank, & it was much better for an hour or so, then back to basically no power. I’ve talked to a few guys that have worked on these boats, and they’re giving me some good info as well, but I’m learning as I go!

Currently, the boat has no rail pressure, and reason being that now the pump is not coming on at all. I can’t get power to it by turning the key on. I started looking for the relay, found 3 at the rear of the engine, & also a block of 3- 15 amp fuses, one of which was blown. Replaced it, still no power to pump. 

My question is: Any clue which relay would be for the pump? (2) I’ve read where Rockauto , NAPA, & maybe one other place had these pups for $80-$120, but, I can’t find where I read that article!  Any help on any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure there is "no power to pump?" Or, is the pump itself just not working?  Hard to tell from your description:  "it was much better for an hour or so, then back to basically no power."

Edited by srab

Yes sir, I can see what you mean. There is no voltage to the pump now. The boat ran for an hour on the lake, but was just gutless. 

It was the pump! I had changed the inline filter at the tank, so I figured it was the pump. When I started trying to figure out why no power at the pump, I was told about the 3 fuses behind the motor. Checked those, one was blown. Have power, but still won’t run. Got it going now! Thanks guys for the help. I just have to read more on here and learn what’s what. Thank you again