Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Memphis EQ Zone Control

Lptexastornado1

Anyone have any experience with the Memphis Marine EQ with BT basically a cheaper version of the WS420?

https://www.amazon.com/Memphis-MXAZEQ5BT-5-Band-Equalizer-Bluetooth/dp/B07DM8QJX1

We just purchased a 2006 23LSV that has decent stereo system in it but I would like to quickly be able to adjust tower speakers independently from the boat speakers along with having BT capabilities.   The Wet Sounds unit is perfect and includes the PA system which I really want due to having little ones and would like to communicate with them while they are wakeboarding or tubing etc. not sure if the Memphis unit can do that either. But obviously I like the price point. 

Thanks for the input. 

Also where is everyone mounting the EQ ? Making a bracket and mounting bottom left of the steering wheel? Or bottom right? Or pulling old stereo head unit and mounting in the location?

thanks!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, Lptexastornado1 said:

Anyone have any experience with the Memphis Marine EQ with BT basically a cheaper version of the WS420?

https://www.amazon.com/Memphis-MXAZEQ5BT-5-Band-Equalizer-Bluetooth/dp/B07DM8QJX1

I like that.  I find the microphone a bit of a gimmick on the WS420 and something for kids to get very annoying with.  

I haven't done anything with recent offerings from Memphis, but their old school stuff was great.  I'm curious how this performs - price sure is right!