Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F-250 Leveling Kit

mrnate450r

My wife has given me her blessing on upgrading my truck to a F-250. I want a Platinum with a level kit and 35's.  Those that have leveled their F-250's, what kit gives the best ride quality? I've heard good things about Carli, but they are quite a bit more money than other models. 

Death wobble is only caused from loose / worn out track bars. The ball joint in the track bar is the main source for the issue. 
You honestly only need a spacer, longer shocks, and a adjustable track bar.  
That way you retain the original springs and ride quality. 

I went with the carli system on my 17 f350. Definitely recommend it. It is slightly more expensive, but I do feel the difference is worth it. I believe I got the commuter kit. It came with the new coils, four new fox shocks, adjustable track bar, and some shims to adjust the alignment. I felt like it rode slightly better than stock, but not by much. Other trucks I’ve leveled got noticeably worse. Would do the same thing again. 

Went with the Ready Lift 2.5" kit on my '18 F250 that included the track bar relocation bracket, worth the additional $200. Ride didn't change much, if at all from stock. If you are competent with tools you can do it yourself in the garage in a few hours. Will need an alignment afterwards.

8 minutes ago, Jordy said:

Went with the Ready Lift 2.5" kit on my '18 F250 that included the track bar relocation bracket, worth the additional $200. Ride didn't change much, if at all from stock. If you are competent with tools you can do it yourself in the garage in a few hours. Will need an alignment afterwards.

Competency is part but having the right tools makes it much easier as well.  I have done 6-7 of these kits and always used Ready Lift or AutoSpring.  You need a solid floor jack (two would be recommended) or in a pinch a bottlejack will work as a 2nd and at least 3 jack stands and a decent impact.  I did my first few without an impact and while you can do it, save your time, knuckles and back and pick one up.  I bought a HF Earthquake impact about 6 years ago and have done so many projects and rotations with this $99 tool. 

Look for a kit that has the installation instructions online (videos are better), but make sure they have instructions for YOUR vehicle as you can install them different ways but why recreate the wheel when someone has already done the work.  I had a close friend that wanted to tackle it himself and thought the Ready Lift was overpriced so he bought something off ebay and the instructions were very vague.  I had quite a bit experience with these kits but not his vehicle type and in the end we sent it back.  A lot of people just refer to these as a spacer so they're all the same right?  They're not the same and spending a few dollars more can save hours of aggravation which is why I recommend looking at the instructions for the kits before purchasing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2017 F-250 platinum and did the 2inch BDS kit with the fox shocks.  I also upgraded the steering stabilizer to the fox version.  The first 1500 miles I thought I made a huge mistake, but it turns out I had my tires over inflated to 80#.  The ride was super squirly and I felt every bump.  Once I deflated the tires down to 62#, the ride was really nice.  The BDS kit is a nice blend of value and ride quality.