Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Barefoot International Boom Fit

spinxt

Does anyone have any pics of a barefoot international boom on a 2003ish Response LXi?   I had it on my 2000 Response LX and it worked perfectly.   It appears that the windshield on the LXi comes back to far to allow the boom to sit on the gunnel...am I missing something obvious?  

23 minutes ago, spinxt said:

Does anyone have any pics of a barefoot international boom on a 2003ish Response LXi?   I had it on my 2000 Response LX and it worked perfectly.   It appears that the windshield on the LXi comes back to far to allow the boom to sit on the gunnel...am I missing something obvious?  

Can you just install longer cables, to allow it to pivot back a little bit?

7 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

Can you just install longer cables, to allow it to pivot back a little bit?

It’s not the cables that are the issue...it’s the length of the windshield in relation to where the pylon is...  it’s almost like the first section of the boom needs to have an offset in it ?

I figured it out... the first boom section was contoured and drilled on all four sides to accept the pin.  It just had to be rotated 45 degrees to bend in the other direction (front to back) it clears the windshield fine now!

1 minute ago, spinxt said:

I figured it out... the first boom section was contoured and drilled on all four sides to accept the pin.  It just had to be rotated 45 degrees to bend in the other direction (front to back) it clears the windshield fine now!

Glad to hear that.  When the RLXi came on the scene in '03, I know we had to replace the first boom sections on some of our team boats.  Your boom must have been the LXi version already.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:13 PM, UWSkier said:

Glad to hear that.  When the RLXi came on the scene in '03, I know we had to replace the first boom sections on some of our team boats.  Your boom must have been the LXi version already.

Came to find out i have the BI “universal offset” version.  According to them, it’s adaptable to almost every boat (with a few exceptions”

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting this thread - trying to determine whether a barefoot international universal contour boom (part B202) will fit a 2003 Response LXi? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would call BI, they can tell you what to measure and what model boom will fit your boat.  They were very helpful when we bought ours, its not clear which models fit with all the diff windshields when you look at the diff boom models.  If you get lucky they may have a "blemish" boom that is a little cheaper than regular price as well.

• 1 month later...

A bit late but Bemman Custom Design in Winter Haven, FL make great barefoot boom's for the RLXi. They are slightly lighter and thinner than the BI booms making them easier to mount and only have one cable attachment to the hull which is custom sized and crimped at the hook (superior to the alternative 4-screw crimp on the BI booms imo). Bemman's can also be drilled in a way so that the boom can go out the passenger or drive-side which is helpful for my lake where boats have to circle counter-clockwise. They used to produce and sell a ton of boom's back when Ron Scarpa's was still open but these days not so much. That said, they are still happy to make them for you if you give them a call. I just had one made for my 2005 RLXi a few months ago

Here's it setup with the 2ft extension and the child's handle

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png