Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 Malibu Screen Abnormalities

Went out to put the boat away this weekend when i got home and the screen looked cracked - but it isn’t. It almost looks like there is some sort of film over the screen that is coming off?

Has anyone else experienced this?

0C18C129-FD47-4647-B3B9-B009C2CA5ED8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leftlane said:

Almost looks like the protective film was never removed - probably a silly question, but did you ever peel it off?

Pretty sure I did. Would be unlike me not to. 

Really hard to peel anything off now. 

FYI last time I checked medallion is rebuilding touch screens. Don’t think the price is cheaper but they started asking for cores back.

1 minute ago, Malibuwrench said:

FYI last time I checked medallion is rebuilding touch screens. Don’t think the price is cheaper but they started asking for cores back.

I’ll have to look into in the off season. Not warranty. $2400. 

3 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I’ll have to look into in the off season. Not warranty. $2400. 

That sounds about right. I know Malibu started charging 500-800 core on those screens when you ordered them. Assuming medallion wants to rebuild them instead of continuing normal production runs.

16 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a differnt result.

I would guess they are rebuilding them in the USA. All other medallion products come from overseas

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a differnt result.

How do you suggest I avoid insanity on my screen?

I had a brand new one listed in the classifieds here for much less than even Bakes prices and was surprised that people weren’t jumping all over it.  I did sell it but I thought it would go on day 1 based on how many people have issues.

I just bought a 10" waterproof touchscreen for just over $100 USD for an IoT project I'm working on.  Someone is making a LOT of money  supplying Malibu.  If someone decoded the bus you should be able to run the boat off an iPad etc.

1 hour ago, Eagleboy99 said:

I just bought a 10" waterproof touchscreen for just over $100 USD for an IoT project I'm working on.  Someone is making a LOT of money  supplying Malibu.  If someone decoded the bus you should be able to run the boat off an iPad etc. 

Whats really spooky is when they wont be available anymore. Kind of like the M-Scan gauge. But at least you can go back to a 4 pack gauge when the M-Scan dies. 

5 minutes ago, Malibuwrench said:

Whats really spooky is when they wont be available anymore. Kind of like the M-Scan gauge. But at least you can go back to a 4 pack gauge when the M-Scan dies. 

Anyone know where I can get a working computron?  Asking for a friend.

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Anyone know where I can get a working computron?  Asking for a friend.

Lol. Honestly saw a working one a couple years ago. Kind of crazy.

I just bought a used 2014 23 LSV, I was cleaning the boat and thought it was sunscreen or WD40 on the screen, I began wiping it with a soft cloth and mild dish detergent and a gel like film started coming off,( much like removing adhesive from a sticker )  I thought I damaged the screen but I keep working on it until I had the screen clean, hard to get the corners clean but it once removed it’s acceptable , no idea what it was! My last boat was a 2009 VLX, screen was brighter , clearer , and had a better glass like finish , this screen is dull, grainy , appears to have less lines of resolution, finish on the screen looks like laminated plastic , 

8 hours ago, Mikecourchene said:

I just bought a used 2014 23 LSV, I was cleaning the boat and thought it was sunscreen or WD40 on the screen, I began wiping it with a soft cloth and mild dish detergent and a gel like film started coming off,( much like removing adhesive from a sticker )  I thought I damaged the screen but I keep working on it until I had the screen clean, hard to get the corners clean but it once removed it’s acceptable , no idea what it was! My last boat was a 2009 VLX, screen was brighter , clearer , and had a better glass like finish , this screen is dull, grainy , appears to have less lines of resolution, finish on the screen looks like laminated plastic , 

Sounds like the same thing I’m experiencing. 

It looks terrible.