Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Manifold "T" Fitting DISCONTINUED

2005 Wakesetter VLX. W/ 310 T fitting broke at the manifold. Was able to get the rest of the fitting out without hurting the threads. Looking for this part I found it had been discontinued and the new part numbers lead me to elbow fittings. I need to get down and look at the bottom of the manifold and see what I’m working with if there is other areas for the fittings to be placed. Has anyone ran into this issue? Took me awhile to find the part online. Then to find it’s discontinued is irritating. Was really looking forward to enjoying my Father’s Day on the water but I’m fortunate I seen the bilge pumping before I got to far away from the trailer. Discontinued fitting

Says right on that page what the solution is.  You order the 2 part numbers they ref and move where the hoses hook up.  You just need to remove a couple of the plugs in the manifold 

Edited by oldjeep
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 3:40 AM, oldjeep said:

Says right on that page what the solution is.  You order the 2 part numbers they ref and move where the hoses hook up.  You just need to remove a couple of the plugs in the manifold 

As I mentioned earlier in another post this is beyond frustrating since the nylon 90 degree fitting for the quick disconnect will not allow for the other hose to fit since it has to go straight back (I just have enough hose length to fit straight on...guess you could buy a longer hose but why should I have to do that).  So, you have to decide either to plug the hole for the quick disconnect or buy a longer piece of hose to angle the forward hose connection.  If someone has done this with these 2 new nylon fittings, which are supposed to replace the original T fitting please let me know...

The original T fitting worked perfectly, so sure, makes sense to just get rid of it...... Ha!

Thanks

9 minutes ago, mofaster said:

As I mentioned earlier in another post this is beyond frustrating since the nylon 90 degree fitting for the quick disconnect will not allow for the other hose to fit since it has to go straight back (I just have enough hose length to fit straight on...guess you could buy a longer hose but why should I have to do that).  So, you have to decide either to plug the hole for the quick disconnect or buy a longer piece of hose to angle the forward hose connection.  If someone has done this with these 2 new nylon fittings, which are supposed to replace the original T fitting please let me know...

The original T fitting worked perfectly, so sure, makes sense to just get rid of it...... Ha!

Thanks

Can't figure out what your issue is.  Did you remove the plugs at either end of the manifold and plug the one that the T-fitting used to go into? (like the directions say to do)  And when you do that and install the 2 new fittings in the manifold in the end positions there is not enough hose?

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Can't figure out what your issue is.  Did you remove the plugs at either end of the manifold and plug the one that the T-fitting used to go into? (like the directions say to do)  And when you do that and install the 2 new fittings in the manifold in the end positions there is not enough hose?

Maybe I'm missing something, but there are only 2 holes.  Not sure what you "mean by either end".  From the image I attached these are the stock units, replacements are the same.  So the 2 hose connections (with new 90's) are pretty close and I don't see how you get them both on without some sort of angle adjustment and more hose.  I apologize for my ignorance if I'm missing something.  Thanks for the help.

20190811-163821.jpg

I replaced a broken T fitting on a similar ETX exhaust manifold with the new separate elbow fittings a coupe of months ago.  After removing the broken T fitting and the brass plug near it, I had to clean the threads with a pipe tap, coat the threads on the new fittings with PST, install the new large elbow until it was snug, then loosened the large elbow about a quarter turn until it was not inline with the lower manifold tube giving me room to install the smaller elbow until it was snug.  Then I turned the bigger and smaller elbows so the water hose fitting ends were facing each other, but offset enough that i could still side the hoses and clamps on to them.  The hoses had enough slack that they could still be installed on the new fittings, but that may not always be the case.  If the smaller hose is too short, it will likely need to be spliced or replaced with a longer one.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:17 PM, csleaver said:

I replaced a broken T fitting on a similar ETX exhaust manifold with the new separate elbow fittings a coupe of months ago.  After removing the broken T fitting and the brass plug near it, I had to clean the threads with a pipe tap, coat the threads on the new fittings with PST, install the new large elbow until it was snug, then loosened the large elbow about a quarter turn until it was not inline with the lower manifold tube giving me room to install the smaller elbow until it was snug.  Then I turned the bigger and smaller elbows so the water hose fitting ends were facing each other, but offset enough that i could still side the hoses and clamps on to them.  The hoses had enough slack that they could still be installed on the new fittings, but that may not always be the case.  If the smaller hose is too short, it will likely need to be spliced or replaced with a longer one.

Brother, I just finally finished this after several posts on here yammering about what a horrible setup now with the two 90's, instead of the original T fitting.  At least on the manifolds we have.  I had to work just to get the hose clamp around it (the bigger fitting) it was so tight.  Reminded me of my first prom date .. :)

I would love to have a chat with the brain trust who decided to get ride of the T fitting.  Seems to me like some sort of TSA logic.  9 ounce bottle of liquid = terrorist, but 3 bottles of 3 oz each, you're a red blooded american!

Best part of it was this has been a bit of a project (manifolds where back ordered, price went up during wait because of tariffs, etc.).  While I was in there, decided to put new starter, cap and rotor, plugs, wires, so that was all a good thing.  Just started up for the first time (with fingers crossed).  Started right up and no leaks.  However, now I see a small drip coming from my impeller housing.....haha.

Still haven't made it to the lake this year, 105 today. 

28 minutes ago, mofaster said:

Seems to me like some sort of TSA logic.  9 ounce bottle of liquid = terrorist, but 3 bottles of 3 oz each, you're a red blooded american!

Too funny.  POTM!  LOL

I friend of mine manufactures medical devices.  He generally has no problem getting through TSA with prosthetics that include about a quart of hydraulic fluid because he has a letter that he wrote on his company letterhead that says that he can do it....

Exploding bottles of baby formula anyone?  Honestly the whole TSA thing is a joke.  If you want precision look at how the Israeli's screen people.

Edited by Eagleboy99
Correction