Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Horn location

My horn is not working.  I’ve search on this forum and could only find that it may be located behind dash board or behind the starboard side vent (my 2008 wakesetter lsv does not have a vent)   I found the horn wire from fuse box (white with red stripe) but when following it gets lost in a bundled wrap that splits towards forward and aft along the starboard panel   

anyone know now where the horn is located?

Checked and fuse is good  

thanks 

Edited by shelbydog25

I cant tell you where its located on your boat (on my boat is located behind a chrome vent piece screwed to hull just above rub rail on drivers side). My horn was barely making noise and the sound it made was quite pathetic. I removed it and took it apart, cleaned it really well and added a little silicone where plastic met the gaskets before reassembling it. I also cleaned the connections to the horn and wires to make sure no corrosion and there was good connection. After re-installing it worked like new

No sure about your ‘08 but on our ‘05 Sunsetter it was located in the space directly behind the dash gauge cluster. Easily accessible by removing a couple dash screws and pulling back the gauge cluster. Inexpensive part to replace (www.bakesonline.com), and super simple if you have a low profile ratcheting Phillips head screwdriver - due to height/clearance under the dash. Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...

Hi. The horn is located in the bow of your boat. You should hear the sound of it coming from behind the mesh grill at the tip of your Malibu. Because the horn is located near the mesh grill, it is prone to splashing. Accumulated moisture could be the reason for the horn’s breakage. When I bought my used 2005 Malibu, I was not satisfied with the weak sound of my horn. I was surprised to find a small motorcycle horn kit set instead of the original marine horn.

Edited by Nicostly