Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ordering 2020 dates

Mattb422

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I think we ordered ours late June last year. My dealer said that was early for them to open the portal though. 

Dealer was told early June but can see that hasn’t worked out yet, but you said you ordered late June, when did you actually receive your boat?

ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, Mattb422 said:

Dealer was told early June but can see that hasn’t worked out yet, but you said you ordered late June, when did you actually receive your boat?

Delivered to the dealer August 6th and we picked up August 9th. I believe we had the first 20VTX spray date which was July 26 iirc

13 hours ago, Mattb422 said:

Ordered mine about this time last year and picked it July 27th.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, Mattb422 said:

ok so still possible to use the boat before season ends here in eastern pa

Yes, absolutely! Takes about 7 days from spray date to delivery at the dealer. We put 55 hours on ours last year.

Dealer says nothing has really changed from 2019s but It will have new m6di motor and if they change anything later of course it won’t have those options if they actually change anything 

ahopkins22LSV
37 minutes ago, Zac450720 said:

If you order a 2020 now it’s not going to have the changes they are making for next year will it? Sort of a 2019.5 

That’s not really true. They slow roll some new features out but most major features are available right at the new model year. 

8 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That’s not really true. They slow roll some new features out but most major features are available right at the new model year. 

Hope your right, I would be 🙁 if they do add some cooler things 

53 minutes ago, Mattb422 said:

Dealer says nothing has really changed from 2019s but It will have new m6di motor and if they change anything later of course it won’t have those options if they actually change anything 

That’s not what I’m hearing. 

6 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Sorry but I have to disagree here.  The new motor, wireless charging, new swim deck, colored Malibu logo and stitching accent all were released and available 2 months after I ordered.  I would have loved to have all of those options.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my boat but if I had it to do over again I would wait and I would not recommend ordering an early build boat.  I feel like I have a 2018.5 boat.

ahopkins22LSV
31 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Sorry but I have to disagree here.  The new motor, wireless charging, new swim deck, colored Malibu logo and stitching accent all were released and available 2 months after I ordered.  I would have loved to have all of those options.  Don't get me wrong, I still love my boat but if I had it to do over again I would wait and I would not recommend ordering an early build boat.  I feel like I have a 2018.5 boat.

It was publicly announced that the new Malibu engines were going to be a slow roll through the lineup starting with the 2019 25 LSV and taking until 2020 to be fully implemented. So not to be rude, but that should have been known and been an educated decision between you and your dealer.

Im fairly certain we were asked what color logo we wanted. But imo that is a minor change and not something crazy you missed. And easily customized by ordering inserts through domednumbers in literally any color you want.

Thread stitching accent has been available for years. We picked azure blue for ours so even the first 2019 vtx build slot had the first color available. 

I agree it was a bummer not knowing or not having the wireless charging and swim platform available when both you and I ordered but like I said, some options are slow rolled. 

Honestly other then those two things, you have a far from 2018.5 boat imo. You have the new interior materials and colors, you had the option for the new exterior colors, PW3 with integrated surf pipe and the switch from ford to GM. 98% of the people out there will just see monsoon 6.0 450 and not know any different. Other then that, not much else changed on the 24 Mxz. 

Even really good dealers/salesmen miss things and may not ask you if you want this or that. So my advice is to sit down with your dealer and go through every available option on the dealer portal. And if you see something on another model boat, ask about it. It also depends on when you want your boat. The OP stated he wants it this year yet to use, well he’s going to have to order early. Or if he is ok with waiting then the fall is still a good time to order but will limit the possibility of being able to use the boat this year. 

• Like 2

I agree with Hopkins if it’s a few minor features  which may be able to be purchased or adapted to the boat some other way I will feel I haven’t missed anything but I would like to get the boat  early enough to use  this year so we will be ordering early. 

13 hours ago, Ronnie said:

If your dealer went to the meeting last week, he’s got some info for you. 

Dealer hasn’t heard anything about changes. So my loss if something changes, but I’m sure the boats won’t be half off that’s the featured I’d be upset to lose 😂

Edited by Mattb422
20 hours ago, Mattb422 said:

23 Lsv all black with sepia interior

I think you're really going to like that color combination!  I went solid ebony flake with sepia/black on my '19.  I couldn't be happier.  I'll do a full writeup with better pictures when I can.  Unfortunately, the boat is at the dealer getting the recall done. 

Please ignore all the wet spots on the seadek floor :Doh:

LSV-2019-2.jpgLSV-2019-3.jpgLSV-2019-1.jpgLSV-2019-4.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Chattwake said:

I think you're really going to like that color combination!  I went solid ebony flake with sepia/black on my '19.  I couldn't be happier.  I'll do a full writeup with better pictures when I can.  Unfortunately, the boat is at the dealer getting the recall done. 

Please ignore all the wet spots on the seadek floor :Doh:

LSV-2019-2.jpgLSV-2019-3.jpgLSV-2019-1.jpgLSV-2019-4.jpg

I plan on ordering a similar color way to this. My hope is Malibu expands the colors that are available for the logo. I’d like to get azure blue logo and then add azure blue piping to an interior similar to this.