Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Access behind emblem?

dalt1

Anyone know if this emblem can be pried off? Is it clipped on to side panel or adhesive? Want to fix the loose led strip light behind it but can't get hand back there as it is. Tried from under seat, through cup holder, From above. Some suggested through speaker hole, not on a 2018 23 LSV anyway, it is no where close to there.image.thumb.png.f7aa95d73de7162b6b027645012ae82e.png

• 10 months later...

Can't help you but I have to applaud your patience I have seen post in the past where people are following up just a few hours after posting mad they haven't gotten an answer yet. You waited a full 11 months :biggrin:

Was actually reviewing my posts I started and noticed a couple I could update. Thia was one of them, I can jab a 12" stick back there to move it but need access to restick it.

• 1 month later...

:bump:I’m wondering the same thing!  My 2016 era emblems are different but would like to be able to replace leds. They should have a screw or something One would think. 

10 hours ago, justgary said:

Does it not come off with the upholstered panel? 

Have not looked at pulling complete panel but don't think that is pop a few screws off and pull either? Anyone done it?

@dalt1 not sure if this is the exact model but came across this when I was browsing... i believe it is your emblem, and it shows two threaded holes that would indicate the emblem is screwed on from behind the panel... Not sure if this helps you or not but figured I would post.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-boat-backlight-cover-5542907-logo-accent-9-x-2-inch-silver 

On 6/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, QmanBu said:

@dalt1 not sure if this is the exact model but came across this when I was browsing... i believe it is your emblem, and it shows two threaded holes that would indicate the emblem is screwed on from behind the panel... Not sure if this helps you or not but figured I would post.

https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-boat-backlight-cover-5542907-logo-accent-9-x-2-inch-silver 

Thanks, but i cant even get hand behind it. No way getting a screw driver there. Sounds like the whole side panel would need to come off.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, QmanBu said:

Good find, I agree with you on the screws.

• 7 months later...
49 minutes ago, wdr said:

2 nuts and it is a major PITA to get to unless you have little girl hands. Even pulling the cup holders gives limited room.

When I dropped it off he said they may take off he whole combing pad above it to access it. No getting there from speaker hole or bottom gap. If you can touch it you can't do anything to secure it blindly.

21 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Well now I know where the descendants of the workers on the Willow Run went.  :)

You have lost me with your Canadian humor. I’ve never been to Michigan or built a B-24 😁