Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sound upgrade 19' 23LSV?

Mattyb

8 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

The back Bimini  support is 6”without the end fittings.  I bought a piece of 7/8 stainless tubing and cut it to 7.5” then reattached the fittings with a rivet gun.  Prior to the modification I measured from the base of the tower to the underside of the rear end of the stock Bimini.  From there I played around to see how much I could lift it without it looking odd but functional to the point of allowing more speaker sound to escape.  An extra 1.5” seemed to look the best so I went with that!

I may try this modification.  Thanks for the info!

Which bracket did you use?  The wetsounds version?

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, ctvandy23 said:

Yes the Wet Sounds bracket

I currently have 4 Rev8s on the malibu shelves, will these wetsounds mounts hold a pair of 8s each?

On 8/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, ctvandy23 said:

Just completed my tower speaker upgrade.  Went from a pair of REV 8’s to a pair of 10s mounted with the dual bracket.  Also modified the rear Bimini support poles to lift up the rear a touch.  Sounded great today while surfing! Had cabin speakers off and towers adjusted so could easily enjoy while surfing without killing the people sitting in the cabin.  

6CA590DE-ACA1-453D-9AF4-A76C154FB7EF.jpeg

AC61288D-A535-45C3-9283-CCEEDFCB5DAD.jpeg

E5E8AF07-3FE6-4877-A08C-63D1FD97B118.jpeg

I'm going to go this route with the 4 Rev8s that came with the boat, not a fan of the shelves. Are the malibu specific rev8s compatible with the dual WS brackets and the WS swivel flush mounts? Also ditching the DSP SYNDX2 and picking up the syndx2.3hp.

9 hours ago, st22eve said:

I'm going to go this route with the 4 Rev8s that came with the boat, not a fan of the shelves. Are the malibu specific rev8s compatible with the dual WS brackets and the WS swivel flush mounts? Also ditching the DSP SYNDX2 and picking up the syndx2.3hp.

Wrong boat......

Edited by 23LSVOwner
Wrong boat......
On 8/5/2019 at 5:47 PM, ctvandy23 said:

Just completed my tower speaker upgrade.  Went from a pair of REV 8’s to a pair of 10s mounted with the dual bracket.  Also modified the rear Bimini support poles to lift up the rear a touch.  Sounded great today while surfing! Had cabin speakers off and towers adjusted so could easily enjoy while surfing without killing the people sitting in the cabin.  

6CA590DE-ACA1-453D-9AF4-A76C154FB7EF.jpeg

AC61288D-A535-45C3-9283-CCEEDFCB5DAD.jpeg

E5E8AF07-3FE6-4877-A08C-63D1FD97B118.jpeg

Did your dealer reflash the tower amp for the Rev10's (if still on the stock amp setup)?

If not, lot of power and lower bass left on the table.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:38 PM, Mattyb said:

Nice, will do. Any recommendations on what the best upgrade would be?

I'm actually redoing mine and I'm thinking about doing 3 SDX6s to power everything.  it will take 1.25 of the SDX6s to run the tower, 585 watts per can, you can tune them down a bit so you don't blow your rev10s, but you will have to rewire the tower.  I'm doing that anyways to run the LEDs for my rev10s.  Then the last .75, of the second amp, can run your revo8s, once again you will want to rewire them with single runs, then the 3rd amp rung the 4 front speakers and the sub. The crap part about the harness is once you move some inboat speakers off the pre-tuned amps you have to move them all off.

Couple friends of mine have been working with wetsounds on their boats and this was the config the recommended, and it's clean and loud,  absurdly loud.  I honestly think the only thing that isn't great in this is the sub, but the stock sub isn't a power house anyways, but this gets it almost 200 watts over RMS, so it makes it much better

On 10/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, 23LSVOwner said:

Did your dealer reflash the tower amp for the Rev10's (if still on the stock amp setup)?

If not, lot of power and lower bass left on the table.

Is there a reflash for a single pair?  I was told that no reflash was needed unless two pair were installed?

10 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

Is there a reflash for a single pair?  I was told that no reflash was needed unless two pair were installed?

If you change from one speaker to different one, yes it needs a reflash for the best output and performance/sound.

There is no reflash if you are adding a second pair of the same speakers. It simply runs the amp at 2 ohms per channel vs 4 ohms.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:57 PM, ctvandy23 said:

The syndx2 dsp amp is "decent" for 2 or 4 rev8s. With 2 you were getting 200watts @ 4ohm and would get around 180 @2ohm with 4. Now you're getting 200watts @4ohm to a pair of Rev10s that can handle 300rms and 600 peak and honestly sound the best with around 400watts to each speaker. I'm in the process of pulling the syndx2 dsp and swapping it with a non dsp syndx2.3hp to run my 4 rev8s giving them a potential of up to 300watts each depending on how I tune the amp. I'm not sure if WS has a tune built for a pair of Rev10s running off the syndx2 dsp amp.

Edited by st22eve
On 10/25/2019 at 6:11 PM, st22eve said:

The syndx2 dsp amp is "decent" for 2 or 4 rev8s. With 2 you were getting 200watts @ 4ohm and would get around 180 @2ohm with 4. Now you're getting 200watts @4ohm to a pair of Rev10s that can handle 300rms and 600 peak and honestly sound the best with around 400watts to each speaker. I'm in the process of pulling the syndx2 dsp and swapping it with a non dsp syndx2.3hp to run my 4 rev8s giving them a potential of up to 300watts each depending on how I tune the amp. I'm not sure if WS has a tune built for a pair of Rev10s running off the syndx2 dsp amp.

Yes, there is a reflash.

Edited by 23LSVOwner
4 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Yes, there is a reflash

I wasn't sure if Malibu was using the syndx2 with the rev10 option in 19 or if they were stepping up to the 2.3hp. Do you know what amp Malibu is using for someone ordering the Gx tower with 4 rev10s standard?

Edited by st22eve
9 minutes ago, st22eve said:

I wasn't sure if Malibu was using the syndx2 with the rev10 option in 19 or if they were stepping up to the 2.3hp. Do you know what amp Malibu is using for someone ordering the Gx tower with 4 rev10s standard?

Pretty sure it is the DX2.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2019 at 7:16 PM, SCMike said:

You’ll also need to order one of these for each amp.  

https://exileaudio.com/store/install-accessories/rca-audio-cables/malibucabinharness.html

So on my inbound 25 LSV, from the factory will just have the  basic sound package with sub, I've already got a pair of rev10s and amp, amp for the interiror speakers, and two amps for the subs I'm going to power. Do I just need two of these? Or One then daisy chain the amps? How does fading F/B work with this adapter? Does this adapter work under the dash or at the amps? Sorry for all the questions, I won't have the boat in front of me for a few months and want to get everything ordered up. 

On 11/21/2019 at 7:52 AM, ChicoSteve said:

So on my inbound 25 LSV, from the factory will just have the  basic sound package with sub, I've already got a pair of rev10s and amp, amp for the interiror speakers, and two amps for the subs I'm going to power. Do I just need two of these? Or One then daisy chain the amps? How does fading F/B work with this adapter? Does this adapter work under the dash or at the amps? Sorry for all the questions, I won't have the boat in front of me for a few months and want to get everything ordered up. 

I’m definitely not qualified to answer these questions.

@MLA May be able to assist here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man, we have four Icon 8's on the tower and when we use the mixer properly, limited noise in cabin and screams (to us) out the back.  Very interesting thread!

3 hours ago, wdr said:

DX2 with no adjustments. I replaced mine last night with the DX2.3 HP and the Exile adapter cable. Easy job.

How did tuning go?  I've spent about an hour messing with my 2.3 and 2 pair of rev 10's.  They still have a "tinny", piercing sound. 

Hadn't got to that yet. Is the cross over adjusted too high? Most places that I have seen and read recommend between 80-100 for the initial set point. I have a friend who is an installer with all of the correct tools to adjust the amp. I am going to haul it over to him in a couple days to fine tune it. 

3 hours ago, Dock4 said:

How did tuning go?  I've spent about an hour messing with my 2.3 and 2 pair of rev 10's.  They still have a "tinny", piercing sound. 

Your equipment supplier can be a resource for after sale support.  

On 12/11/2019 at 3:13 PM, Dock4 said:

What are your settings on the amp and did you take your bass and treble to zero on the HU before tuning? I just installed the 2.3 for 4 rev8s and got it pretty dialed. Also, the inputs have been scoped so it is safe to tune at max volume of 45. This info was straight from Tim and the WS guys. I use the ohms law formula and my wife's iphone with a test tone app at 1000hrtz. When the phone is plugged in it automatically drops to -7 db so that's what I use. Alot of people tune at 0db. Tried a USB stick with the tones but it won't play them. iPhone app hardwired is better than bluetooth tuning in my opinion if u can't get a USB stick to play tunes.

Edited by st22eve
  • 5 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, st22eve said:

What are your settings on the amp and did you take your bass and treble to zero on the HU before tuning? I just installed the 2.3 for 4 rev8s and got it pretty dialed. Also, the inputs have been scoped so it is safe to tune at max volume of 45. This info was straight from Tim and the WS guys. I use the ohms law formula and my wife's iphone with a test tone app at 1000hrtz. When the phone is plugged in it automatically drops to -7 db so that's what I use. Alot of people tune at 0db. Tried a USB stick with the tones but it won't play them. iPhone app hardwired is better than bluetooth tuning in my opinion if u can't get a USB stick to play tunes.

You using your iPhone Hardwire to USB for music?