Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

black interior

smuurph84

anyone have any experience with the black interior. I am a year or most likely 2 from an upgrade and I am really digging the black interior. just curious how hot it gets. ( my boat stays covered on the lift when we are not out on it but atlanta heat can get hot quick even while surfing and riding?) 

I live in Las Vegas and we have been out in 100+ temperatures that last couple of days, and my black accents are not a problem at all. I have a 2019 25 LSV with blue vapor, graphite and accents that are black. The graphite gets hotter than the black. I was worried that the black would cause a problem, but it has NOT! I probably wouldn't have black as the main color, but as accents or on the seat cushions, it's fine.

ahopkins22LSV

We have all graphite and black interior on our 2019 VTX. Granted I live in MI so we don’t see heat like other do down south, but it gets no hotter than the moonbeam or white did in my 2013 TXi. I actually feel it cools offer quicker with a slight breeze, basically at idle speed. I’ve stepped right on the black to test it after the bot sat in direct sunlight on a near 90 degree day and it was fine. Anything is going to get hot in that temperature but like I said, it was no more than my light colored TXi. 

4CC95701-0584-4CC2-BB07-49616863AF63.jpeg

E289D0A2-B9B0-4A4B-84E7-5005B2A43667.jpeg

2DD3435C-68E2-4518-82F4-EF388C8F183D.jpeg

I have black interior and as per our order supposed to be cool touch black but it’s regular black vinyl and gets very hot. Also when gets wet is changing color. Compared to Mastercraft  cool touch black is completely different. I’m hoping Malibu will add real cool touch in 2020 .

DA901941-FFAE-4F32-8B6B-38CFE6E998E7.jpeg

I could be wrong here, but I think the material used on Malibu’s is different than the vinyl material used in axis boats. So it’s probably not an apples to apples comparison between dark Malibu interior vs dark axis material 

good point on the axis material. something I will for  sure do more investigating when it comes time ( does look really good though!) I am digging both !! 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

We have all graphite and black interior on our 2019 VTX. Granted I live in MI so we don’t see heat like other do down south, but it gets no hotter than the moonbeam or white did in my 2013 TXi. I actually feel it cools offer quicker with a slight breeze, basically at idle speed. I’ve stepped right on the black to test it after the bot sat in direct sunlight on a near 90 degree day and it was fine. Anything is going to get hot in that temperature but like I said, it was no more than my light colored TXi. 

4CC95701-0584-4CC2-BB07-49616863AF63.jpeg

E289D0A2-B9B0-4A4B-84E7-5005B2A43667.jpeg

2DD3435C-68E2-4518-82F4-EF388C8F183D.jpeg

I really like your interior colors. If you were to do it over would you use the same colors or change something. 

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, rls535 said:

I really like your interior colors. If you were to do it over would you use the same colors or change something. 

I’d honestly do it exactly the same. It still makes me smile every time I see it. And we get compliments every time we go out.