Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

I like the new dash screen. Should be more user friendly at night with the black back screen. The sport knob is a definite improvement as far placement goes. As others have said 'it gets bumped". The phone holder still looks to be the same unusable, "got to take my phone out of my phone case" thickness" as mine. The steering wheel.  Looks fine, the new pivot point looks a lot more user friendly than just the steering wheel moving.

30 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Flat bottom steering wheel on a surf tug... :Doh:

What's next, paddle shifters??

Maybe it's got cool self-correcting steering so regardless of which gate is deployed, 12 o'clock high means you're headed straight!

15 minutes ago, wdr said:

I like the new dash screen. Should be more user friendly at night with the black back screen. The sport knob is a definite improvement as far placement goes. As others have said 'it gets bumped". The phone holder still looks to be the same unusable, "got to take my phone out of my phone case" thickness" as mine. The steering wheel.  Looks fine, the new pivot point looks a lot more user friendly than just the steering wheel moving.

I like the new gauge layout as well (wish there was a way to upgrade a 2019 to the new layout!)  I have only had my 2019 for a few months (coming from the old square Malivue screen w/ physical tach/speedo gauges) and my opinion of the current (2019)screen layout is that they tried to put way too much stuff on the screen and it is just cluttered with minimal contrast (everything is blue... the gauges could have been an contrasting color from the other data, etc.)  And.. I really don't see the need for a digital needle sweep gauge of the speed, pretty much just a waste of space.  So I like the change to the digital readout of the speed only with the tach around it (exactly same configuration as my car... if I don't need a sweeping needle on my car I certainly don't need it on my boat which is going 11mph most of the time.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

For those who don’t like the wheel I’m going to assume they still have the one with all the controls on it as an option. 

The same $700 option that the even the dealer said he would pass on. Too much redundancy he said.

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

Flat bottom steering wheel on a surf tug... :Doh:

Malibu did a flat bottom steering wheel, the Isotta Vallelunga, from '04-06.
IMG_3384.jpg

That was the first wheel upgrade I did on my boat before moving on to the Isotta Zulag.
IMG_4061_zps2sbagalo.jpg

1 hour ago, wdr said:

The same $700 option that the even the dealer said he would pass on. Too much redundancy he said.

I had the command wheel on my last boat and thought the same thing - why do I need 3 ways to do everything within 12” of each other? Now I realize I miss it.  The sport knob is meh to me - nice to turn volume up and down, terrible to click left or right to skip tracks.  The command wheel was much easier to use for all the controls.  

• Like 3

One other possible change they seem to be making is the pattern for the Seadeck flooring (at least on the 23)  This is an image from one of Boulder Boats late 2019 23LSVs and it looks like they are still going with the angled teak pattern but they switched to a much "wider" plank design (similar to what is used in the curved teak 25LSV design.)   I am guessing this is a 2020 change that rolled out a little early?  (or Boulder Boat did a custom floor install but the listing for this boat shows it as a factory option.)

1.JPG.4bf0e9908fe92215f75779e025c823e0.JPG

2floor.JPG.740988bfd836973fdb48c9d73f951b57.JPG

This is the original design:

3floor.JPG.bec6966019a69af2b6353478e7d3ed61.JPG

24 minutes ago, IXFE said:

From the looks of it, Malibu banned the use of logos on even the factory builds... 

:rofl:

The logos are on that new wider style, I was looking for them and they were still in a few places.

12 hours ago, IXFE said:

From the looks of it, Malibu banned the use of logos on even the factory builds... 

:rofl:

slight hijack.  I really hope this isn't a thing they're doing industry-wide like others have.  MasterCraft forced the folks at domednumbers to stop producing decals styled in their trademark fonts a few years back.  Given domednumbers outstanding partnership with our community here, that would be a real drag, especially for late model owners like me, or anyone who puts custom Malibu decals on their vehicles, also like me.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, gregtay said:

The logos are on that new wider style, I was looking for them and they were still in a few places.

I was only joking, which should have been apparent with the little yellow dude rolling and laughing...

There are absolutely logos on the factory floor (varies by model). I was just kidding that in those pics they aren’t visible because on the 23 LSV they are smaller and closer to the rear bench. 

If anything, the factory has stepped up the use of logos. The newest model (‘19 25 LSV) has FOUR logos on the interior soft touch material. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

I just talked with my dealer and they have this 2020 23 MXZ in the showroom.  I will take a look at it this weekend and grab some photos. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 4

Curious if Malibu and Mastercraft are doing the opposite on purpose at this point lol. 

Mastercraft

Removes X20, X23

Adds X22

Malibu

Removes MXZ20,(Maybe Remove MXZ22?)

Add MXZ23

The M235 doesn't even make sense in the lineup. The MXZ is plenty of competition for the G23/Supra SA/XStar/X23/whatever, especially with the 23 footer coming out. I bet they just drop the M from the lineup.

• Like 2
Just now, gregtay said:

How close are the M235 and a fully loaded MXZ23 going to be as far as size and features? Wouldn't these be nearly the same boat?

This one is MSRP'd at ~173k w/o a trailer (~90% certain of this).