Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Features for 2020 Models - Speculations?

weekender

Those are some great pics! At first glance I think I like the new Malibu emblem on the side better. I like how it’s all 1 color vs the outline that we have now. 

Do you have any specs on the 23 mxz? Weight? Ballast capacity? 

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

Prop is a 17 incher.  I'd venture a guess that it's the same driveline as your 25 LSV... but that's just my guess.

If that’s true it’s a BIG reason for the $13.5K price difference. 

Put the M6 in the 23 LSV and you cut the difference in half... but you still don’t have the 2:1 transmission and the 17” prop. 

I suspect Malibu will sell a lot of this new boat.

5 hours ago, IXFE said:

Do we know what engine/tranny/prop is standard on the 23 MXZ...?

I believe it is the m5di with 2:1 and 17' prop. I have also heard rumor of a 2:1 being an option on the 23 lsv for 2020. 

I am digging this new MX23.  How is the cabin space?  MXZ line typically always felt a little smaller due to the bigger bow, but the 23 might hit the sweet spot.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

I’d be looking hard it for those exact reasons. When they refreshed the 23 lsv in 18, I was hoping for a 17” prop and walk through transom. If this gives me that, I don’t lose much space behind the windshield AND I gain a larger bow area, that’s a win in my book. I can get over the pickle fork. Maybe... 

@lerch and @The Hulk took measurements earlier this winter and did a side by side of the cabin space between the 24 mxz and the 25 lsv and determined they were within an inch or two in cabin size.  I’d suspect the cabin of the  23 mxz would be equal to or slightly larger than  a 23 lsv assuming the 23 mxz is 23’5”.  I too wasn’t sure what I thought about the look of the pickle fork look, but can say for sure that I never give it a second thought now. The features of the mxz for ME make the extra cost and losing the traditional shape bow worth it. I bet the 23 mxz will be a hit. 

Edited by cptotr
On 6/14/2019 at 3:35 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

The dealer here is under the assumption it is being dropped.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they did drop it, and introduced a 23 MXZ.

19 minutes ago, Lesslumpy said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I did not know these had been released publicly yet . Looks like they just swapped screens and turned the lcd upwards 

36 minutes ago, cptotr said:

@lerch and @The Hulk took measurements earlier this winter and did a side by side of the cabin space between the 24 mxz and the 25 lsv and determined they were within an inch or two in cabin size.  I’d suspect the cabin of the  23 mxz would be equal to or slightly larger than  a 23 lsv assuming the 23 mxz is 23’5”.  I too wasn’t sure what I thought about the look of the pickle fork look, but can say for sure that I never give it a second thought now. The features of the mxz for ME make the extra cost and losing the traditional shape bow worth it. I bet the 23 mxz will be a hit. 

I was in the 23 LSV and the 23 MXZ Friday.  They feel the exact same.  Our dealer was ecstatic as they think this model will do great here.  The other brands sell the crap out of the 23 pickle fork design (MC, G23, etc...).

Looks like the concerns from folks about losing volume control capability on the left side of the dash with the loss of the sport knob there can rest easy. 

The boat mechanic in me hates the notion of touch screens in boats but the tech nerd in me loves to see how they keep progressing. 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

I did not know these had been released publicly yet . Looks like they just swapped screens and turned the lcd upwards 

They're in boats that have been delivered to consumers so I don't imagine Malibu can say much about photos making their way to the innerwebz. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Tjards said:

I believe it is the m5di with 2:1 and 17' prop. I have also heard rumor of a 2:1 being an option on the 23 lsv for 2020. 

Im a little surprised this boat comes with the M5 standard. What's prop pitch? 

36 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

me hates the notion of touch screens in boats but the tech nerd in me loves to see how they keep progressing

As do I, as long as it is secondary to function.  Right now it seems like it is all bling and crazy impossible to fix or crazy expensive to repair.  If I could  attach a Tablet and still have the base stuff I'd go for that.  A new tablet is a couple hundred, not a couple thou.

1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

They're in boats that have been delivered to consumers so I don't imagine Malibu can say much about photos making their way to the innerwebz. 

That's correct

image.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

As do I, as long as it is secondary to function.  Right now it seems like it is all bling and crazy impossible to fix or crazy expensive to repair.  If I could  attach a Tablet and still have the base stuff I'd go for that.  A new tablet is a couple hundred, not a couple thou.

you guys still rock a tape player in the truck, too?  (sorry couldn't resist!) :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Raimie said:

Please tell me about your canopy! Price, where to buy etc... Looking for something like it for me

That's an 25 to nyman water piston lift. 4000lb capacity 24' canopy. Completely astonished that it still works but also lifts the new 5400lbs boat! Basta purchased nyman and looking at their website canopy is the same. Craigslist has some used ones from time to time. I like the look personally compared to fringed Gramma ones. Just elated not having to drop another 16k on a new lift!!!